Terrible Battery Life

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Well, I'm on my third Band 1 due to the first 2 only lasting about 6 months each. This one is only a few weeks old. Before getting mad and demanding a refund, I decided to see if it could be anything else.

I started noticing that my Band's battery life was less than 24 hours a few days ago right around the release of build 14371 of W10M and an update of Microsoft Health.

Have any of you noticed anything like this with your Band?

Alex Temple

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Yes battery life is poor, I have to remember to keep it charging every time I get home. Has gone flat couple of times whilst out and about...

Changed charging cable too but now it won't sync (use Windows Phone to do so now). Also it sometimes doesn't connect properly or dis-connects... just annoying.

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by Alex Temple
Yes battery life is poor, I have to remember to keep it charging every time I get home. Has gone flat couple of times whilst out and about...

Changed charging cable too but now it won't sync (use Windows Phone to do so now). Also it sometimes doesn't connect properly or dis-connects... just annoying.

Has yours always been like that or did it just start recently?

evdel

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
Same here. Two Bandś in the house.
Both have lost battery life from 36 to 40 hours before the last firmware updates to approx 20 hours max now.
I hope they will fix this soon.
How to proceed to get this up the foodchain at Microsoft?

evdel

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
well interesting.. using the flight mode the batterylife is back to normal.
So it seams the Health app syncing is draining the power.
Some Tried the Health app with iphone and android , where the sync is adjustable and the results were promising. So it seems the Windows Phone Health app Syncing is responsible for the draining!

Maciek Fogiel

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Exactly the same here. BT switched off and the battery lasted 3 days( not even 24 hours with sync on). We haven't seen health app update for quite a long time. Since band 2 seems to have terrible battery life even more often, It's probably the app's fault. Let's hope the "magicians" from ms finally do something about it.

tdavi82

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
My band stopped syncing text notifications. I reset the band and Health app. Joined them back together. Now text works. Unfortunately, Bluetooth stays connected constantly. I'm getting less than a day from a full charge. BT to the device is supposed to disconnect until the health app needs it. Anyone find a solution?

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
You wouldn't think so but since I got the AU on my phone my Band 2's battery like has been cut by 1/3. Hopefully coming soon

Twitter: @PhotographyET

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa