Band + iphone?

mkg3

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I've had Band 1 and Band 2 pared with my iPhone (6+) for over 1.5 yrs.

It does pretty much everything its supposed to do, except Cortana integration with iOS. No keyboard. Frankly, I don't care about Cortana and Band working together so never really explored it. For all I know, it may work together but I don't have Cortana installed on my iPhone.

Notification, calendar and reminder, caller ID, messages all work just as advertised. Obviously, all the health tracking is the same and there is MS Health app on iOS. I also use app called Band Health Bridge to integrate Band activity data into Apple health app so that I can see a single page of data from different sources (smart scale, blood pressure monitor, myfitnesspal data).

So, it would be inaccurate to simply say that some features are limited without saying more about how it does work. I'd say that vast majority of the features works just fine. There are some things not supported, mostly due to iOS restrictions.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I've had Band 1 and Band 2 pared with my iPhone (6+) for over 1.5 yrs.

It does pretty much everything its supposed to do, except Cortana integration with iOS. No keyboard. Frankly, I don't care about Cortana and Band working together so never really explored it. For all I know, it may work together but I don't have Cortana installed on my iPhone.

Notification, calendar and reminder, caller ID, messages all work just as advertised. Obviously, all the health tracking is the same and there is MS Health app on iOS. I also use app called Band Health Bridge to integrate Band activity data into Apple health app so that I can see a single page of data from different sources (smart scale, blood pressure monitor, myfitnesspal data).

So, it would be inaccurate to simply say that some features are limited without saying more about how it does work. I'd say that vast majority of the features works just fine. There are some things not supported, mostly due to iOS restrictions.

I was basing my argument based on various other posts I have read in the past - I stand corrected :smile:

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
My wife has an iPhone 5c and a Band 2. She has trouble with her Band not syncing to the phone on a regular basis. She will look at the weather tile and it will not have updated in 2, 3 days. As also stated, you don't get Cortana or the keyboard. But you still get text, call and whatever other notifications you have turned on.

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I have had this once or twice on my iPhone 6s as well (that it stopped syncing). After I reset the sync interval (default is 10 mins, I switched to 30 mins, saved, and back to 10 mins again) it would work without any issues afterwards.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett