Your Band is fully charged.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I really love using my Band 2 to track my bike ride to and from work. To get the best data, I have the GPS turned on which means that I use a lot of battery even before 9AM each day. To make sure that I have enough battery left to track my ride home, I always plug my Band in while I am at work.

I really love that I get a message on my phone (which then syncs to my PC) telling me that my Band is fully charged. That way, I remember to get it back on my wrist as soon as possible.

While I wish that I didn't have to charge it each day while I am at my desk, I am not sure if there is any product that has built in GPS and all of the other features of the Band 2 that would allow me to make it from the time I go to bed at night (I use it to track my sleep), all the way through a tracked 40 minute bike ride to work and a 40 minutes bike ride home.

The "Your Band is fully charged" notification makes it really easy to charge it at work and not worry that I will forget to put it back on.

Last edited:

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
i wish there was a message to say when its getting low.

i sometimes miss the notification of low battery, so when im about to go to sleep - low battery. which wont make it through the night

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
It is a nice feature, and I agree that some sort of a low battery alarm would be great to have also! To the OP, there are some options with dedicated fitness watches that would make it through the whole day and then some. My Garmin Fenix 3 hr will get through the whole day with 2 1/2 hours of cycling (gps on), and be down to about 78 percent battery. However, the Band 2 is currently going for under $200, whereas the F3HR will set you back about $600. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by Mattman86
With my 950 on build 10586.545, my Band 2 made it 50 1/2 hours on this last charge.
Thanks for the info. That gives me hope that we will see that type of battery life eventually return to the Band 2 on Redstone. I've only had my 950 for a couple of days and I am still getting a sense for how well it is getting along with Redstone, but at this point I'm not ready to go back to Threshold.

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info. That gives me hope that we will see that type of battery life eventually return to the Band 2 on Redstone. I've only had my 950 for a couple of days and I am still getting a sense for how well it is getting along with Redstone, but at this point I'm not ready to go back to Threshold.

You're welcome. I'm not sure which Preview build it was but there was one that introduced a new Bluetooth stack that I think might be the cause of the poor battery life.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
the band2 on the non-redstone builds will make it through 2 days without a charge.

With my 950 on build 10586.545, my Band 2 made it 50 1/2 hours on this last charge.

It's true. My Band 2's battery life was way better before Red Stone. I hope that they're looking into this. If you look at your battery consumption on your phone, you'll probably see that Microsoft Health is using a ton of battery on your phone too.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It's true. My Band 2's battery life was way better before Red Stone. I hope that they're looking into this. If you look at your battery consumption on your phone, you'll probably see that Microsoft Health is using a ton of battery on your phone too.

That is definitely a sign of poor code optimisation, resources stretched too far I think...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro