Used the Microsoft band 2 with my Priv... no issues
    Used the Microsoft band 2 with my iPhone 6s Plus... no issues
    TRY to use the MICROSOFT band 2 with my MICROSOFT Lumia 950 XL... FAIL

What in the world???

I reset the band twice. I reinstalled MSFT Health twice. When I get to the pairing screen in the app, it is not seeing the band. If I go into the bluetooth settings on the phone itself, it sees the band and can pair... but the band itself does not show up in the pairing screen of the Health app. Any ideas?

This is really starting to **** me off.
    08-22-2016 12:26 AM
    Used the Microsoft band 2 with my Priv... no issues
    Used the Microsoft band 2 with my iPhone 6s Plus... no issues
    TRY to use the MICROSOFT band 2 with my MICROSOFT Lumia 950 XL... FAIL

What in the world???

I reset the band twice. I reinstalled MSFT Health twice. When I get to the pairing screen in the app, it is not seeing the band. If I go into the bluetooth settings on the phone itself, it sees the band and can pair... but the band itself does not show up in the pairing screen of the Health app. Any ideas?

This is really starting to **** me off.
    any chance your phone is on insider?
    08-22-2016 01:27 AM
    Take your band into a MSFT store, tell them the battery died, get the full refund and wait for band 3 and MSFT to clean up their dogfood of an OS. You Band will die in the next 3-6 months guaranteed.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    08-22-2016 10:25 AM
    Not on insider... I've had the band for about 2 months so far so good. Battery not as good as my band 1 was but lasts a day and a half.

Will MSFT take the band back even though it's been bought from bestbuy?

This is so frustrating. Works well with every other OS except its own. What a stupid development.
    08-22-2016 01:00 PM
    Since you've reset the Band, did you go into the Health App and unregister the Band? Also, go back to the BT settings on your phone, "forget" the Band and start all over again.

So in this order

1. open the Health app.
    2. Unregister the Band.
    3. Close the Health app.
    4. Open the BT settings on your phone and "forget" the Band connection.
    5. Go to your Band and factory reset it.
    6. Re-pair the Band to the phone.
    7. Follow the directions on the Band.
    08-22-2016 04:52 PM
    Since you've reset the Band, did you go into the Health App and unregister the Band? Also, go back to the BT settings on your phone, "forget" the Band and start all over again.

So in this order

1. open the Health app.
    2. Unregister the Band.
    3. Close the Health app.
    4. Open the BT settings on your phone and "forget" the Band connection.
    5. Go to your Band and factory reset it.
    6. Re-pair the Band to the phone.
    7. Follow the directions on the Band.
    "Re-pair the Band to the phone" - through BT settings then health app... I can't believe this was this difficult. I am curious if anyone knows how MSFT can make pairing so easy with every other OS but its own.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    08-22-2016 05:05 PM
    Well the band does tell you how to proceed. "Pair with bluetooth" and once its done, shows up a message "Go back to the MS health app"....
    08-23-2016 07:36 AM
    "Re-pair the Band to the phone" - through BT settings then health app... I can't believe this was this difficult.
    Did my suggestion work for you?
    08-23-2016 01:08 PM
    Did my suggestion work for you?
    It did, thanks. I ended up having to pair it to the BT settings first, JUST BEFORE I did it through the health app. Took a few tries but it finally worked.

Thank you!!!
    Chintan Gohel and 11B1P like this.
    08-23-2016 02:56 PM
    Take your band into a MSFT store, tell them the battery died, get the full refund and wait for band 3 and MSFT to clean up their dogfood of an OS. You Band will die in the next 3-6 months guaranteed.
    This is incredible!!!

I woke up this morning and the band was dead on my wrist. Charged it up completely, got notification on the phone that it is fully charged but the band will not turn on.

How did you know! LOL. I guess I will take a ride to the store.
    08-24-2016 11:20 AM
    It did, thanks. I ended up having to pair it to the BT settings first, JUST BEFORE I did it through the health app. Took a few tries but it finally worked.

Thank you!!!
    Awesome! Glad I could help!!
    08-24-2016 05:12 PM
    This is incredible!!!

I woke up this morning and the band was dead on my wrist. Charged it up completely, got notification on the phone that it is fully charged but the band will not turn on.

How did you know! LOL. I guess I will take a ride to the store.
    Well dang. Guess I didn't help, all that much. I know you're probably already back from returning the Band. On the off-hand you haven't gone yet, did you try holding both buttons down for about 10 seconds or so?
    08-24-2016 05:15 PM
    I tried both buttons, didn't help. Basically battery would die as soon as it was off the charger. Got another one.

Thanks for your help, I love this site!
    11B1P likes this.
    08-24-2016 09:46 PM
    When I first got my 950 I had a lot of trouble pairing with my Band. I don't remember what I did to get them paired other than trying over and over again. Once I had the Band paired I never really had trouble again keeping it synced.

I'm only referring to syncing fitness data; smartwatch functionality has never worked reliably. Early on I did a factory reset and that helped for about a month until Microsoft updated the Health app and broke it again.

I've completely given up on using the Band for anything other than fitness tracking because it never works when I really need to use it. And for the past 5 months or so it hasn't even given me notifications reliably. Multiple times I've gotten missed call notifications a day late. It really is a joke.

I've considered doing another factory reset, but I just can't be bothered, especially if a subsequent update will just break things again.

I also had to replace my Band a couple of months back for the same reason you're describing.
    08-25-2016 09:00 AM
    When I first got my 950 I had a lot of trouble pairing with my Band. I don't remember what I did to get them paired other than trying over and over again. Once I had the Band paired I never really had trouble again keeping it synced.

I'm only referring to syncing fitness data; smartwatch functionality has never worked reliably. Early on I did a factory reset and that helped for about a month until Microsoft updated the Health app and broke it again.

I've completely given up on using the Band for anything other than fitness tracking because it never works when I really need to use it. And for the past 5 months or so it hasn't even given me notifications reliably. Multiple times I've gotten missed call notifications a day late. It really is a joke.

I've considered doing another factory reset, but I just can't be bothered, especially if a subsequent update will just break things again.
    I don't think this is an issue with the Band, but more with W10m. I am running an Icon with W10m on the Release Preview. I have more issues with missed/delayed notifications than I ever did on 8.1
    Last edited by 11B1P; 09-06-2016 at 09:15 PM.
    09-04-2016 03:25 PM
    I am on release preview. It all worked fine even on the fast insider until the last release preview builds which are supposed to be official. Now the notifications are haphazard and sometimes just don't work. The phone application fails 100% of times when I try to check sleep or exercise tiles. If i do this through hamburger menu, history, activity, the first attempt fails, the second shows the graphs and the rest of data. I find this quite incredible.

Am I the only one with this problem or do others have it as well?
    09-05-2016 09:45 AM
    I had no issues with syncing or components of the app checking sleep or exercise tiles, but notifications have been screwed up with W10 mobile for some time now (I can't remember how many builds). Its not just with the Band either, my Garmin device (F3HR) had the same problem, and with that device, sync function was messed up as well.

So no, you're far from the only one. You'll find other threads here, as well as over on the Windows Mobile forum. Same goes for the Garmin forums. As far as I'm aware, notifications from windows phone have never worked for FitBit devices. For the time being, I've gone back to my Android phone. Just too many problems with W10 mobile.
    09-05-2016 12:15 PM
    Am I the only one with this problem or do others have it as well?
    Left to its own devices the phone never updates itself or the Band properly. Fitness data in the Health app isn't current and Weather info on the Band is outdated. Regardless of how recently the update occurred information always lags by a day or two.

So when I open the Health app, it always does a sync on it's own but the updated stats somehow always manage to be outdated. So in the end I have to do a manual sync to get everything current. When I do so the weather info on the band is updated as well, but by then it's useless because I already have the phone open.

Things have never worked properly like they did with my old 920.
    09-05-2016 12:32 PM