Band 2 with Android

Lennart Petersson

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi!
So it has come to an end, my fun with 950XL is over. Moving back to Android. But, I love my Band 2 and among all things, getting notifications for new mails. So, anyone that knows how well this is working together with an Android phone? Does it matter what mail client I use on the phone? I could pick among GMail, Inbox by GMail or of course Outlook, but I would prefer if it all worked when using Inbox that I love.

regards

/L

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I've used the Band with my Note 4, LG V10, and most recently Nexus 6P. Its worked fine with all of them. Currently seeing an issue with automatic time adjustment with the Nexus. I had to turn auto set off and set time on the Band manually because it was consistently an hour behind. Unsure whats causing it, or whether its an issue specific to the Nexus or not. I haven't tried Nougat yet, all currently on Marshmallow.

But yeah, I hear you. I've gone back and forth between my old Icon and my Android phones multiple times. I love the Icon, I love the Windows phone UI. But the glitches and lack of polish for W10M after such long development drives me nuts. By the way, email notifications on Android have been just fine for me using Gmail, or the native email apps for either Samsung or LG, and Outlook, which I'm currently using. I've never used Inbox, so can't help you there, but I can't help but think it would be fine as well.

Lennart Petersson

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your answer Nate! Much appreciated and what I wanted to hear :)

Yeah, I will probably miss the UI, really like the live tiles. But I do feel more productive on my Android, the apps are there and it is far more stable. Still hoping for a revival with a Surface phone, but I guess we are more then a year away from it. I am a bit disappointed at Microsoft for not using the momentum it got late 2015. The event for almost a year ago when they presented all this nice hardware was the best I've seen on many years, from any company. And it was well received from everyone, not only MS geeks. Then it took almost a year to actually deliver the first version of W10M. That was a huge mistake, I think.

/L

HSolo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I used Windows phone since the days of Windows mobile. Moved over to a Nexus 5x about two months ago. Rather than a review of my personal pro's and con's between Android and Windows (and there are, for me, many pro's and just as many con's), I'll just stick to the Band 2 and Android for this post.
Band 2 works with Android as well as it does with Windows, with the only issue I have being multiple notifications for every email. There are a few others that have this same issue, but it does not appear to be wide spread. Basically, for every one email I get (doesn't matter if Exchange, or Outlook, or GMail), I will get either two or three notifications on my Band 2......very annoying! To the point where I recently turned off email notifications on my Band (still get emails, just don't get notification alert). I have used Outlook client, Gmail client, and currently use Cloud Magic client......none of them made any difference. I have reported this to Microsoft, but get the usual "Tech Level 1" response of "Please check that you are on the latest versions", etc......
Note that as I said, this issue seems to affect only a small number of users.....really strange.
I do like the fact that with Android I can specify how long between syncs with my Band 2. Seems to improve battery life....

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Band 2 works with Android as well as it does with Windows, with the only issue I have being multiple notifications for every email.
I haven't had that problem with my aging Motorola Droid Maxx. You might check your notification center and make sure something isn't turned on there that might result in a notification that's already covered by another tile. If you're running more than one email client on the same email account, I could see that happening.

HSolo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
As a quick update:
Got the notification that Android 7 (Nougat) was available for download on my Nexus 5x yesterday. Downloaded the update last night, was also notified on the latest Band update and did that too. Since then..........no more duplicate emails on my Band 2 :grin:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720