Replacing my MS Band 2

Alexander Galvez

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure if everyone will have the same experience, but I went to the MS store here in Houston because my band 2 (replaced once) started to tear again. They didn't have any in stock so they offered me a full refund towards a Fitbit in store. I was very disappointed since I really do love the band, but hey something is better than nothing.

I ended up getting $214 for the band 2(less than full price since I traded in my band 1 for the band 2) and $25 for having ms complete. In the end I paid 30 for a Fitbit surge. Just thought I'd share this with everyone.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a store anywhere near me, so returning it in this was isn't possible. My wife gave it to me as a gift in May. The band just tore last Thursday. I logged onto the Band2 website to file a claim and was instructed to return it and pay $200 to fix or replace as an out of warranty claim. Yeah, no thanks.

Very disappointed. The Band2 worked great for a few things, but with many features that never worked correctly (or at all) (keyboard/Cortana) it fell short and became a glorified notification device.

Skippy07

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The Surge seems to be the best option to replace my Band 2, but I'm wondering about all the data I have in my MS Band account/app. Is there a way to transfer that data over to Fitbit's system?

-Skippy

Alexander Galvez

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
It's sort of a love-hate relationship right now. I loved the Band 2 as it worked perfect for me. I may have been one of the lucky ones who didn't really face any issues with the band except for the tearing on the strap. The main reason why I chose the Surge over the Blaze 2 was that I run without music, thus no phone while running, and I wanted to still be able to track my runs via GPS. For that it has been great. Aside from that, I do miss the band 2. But that may be because I no longer have the ability to program my workouts, more detailed reporting and analytics from workouts, all notifications, and other stuff....but that may be because I have a microsoft phone.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I suppose you had to turn your Band 2 in to get the refund for the FitBit? My Band2 rubber is splitting, I really love it, and hate to give it up. But I guess I should check immediately and see if they've got a replacement in stock.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I went by the local MS store today, luckily they had a replacement still in stock in my size. They said going forward, they would refer people to an online site for replacing bands still covered under warranty. I asked how long they would support bands, they weren't sure, but guessed as long as warranties were valid, they would offer support.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I sure hope mine holds up. I would hate having to resort to duct tape.

I resorted to wrapping it with electrical tape and it still died. It turns off when I flex it to put it on, then it doesn't turn back on until I connect it to the charger.

I wish I could get it replaced but I'm in Argentina, I got it as an import, so taking it to a store is out of the question. And sending it would probably be expensive. I might still try it, though. But I'm really disappointed at the whole thing. It lasted a month or two under a year.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Well mine has just started to split, 3/4 inch from the right edge of the screen. Looks like I've got the dreaded issue.

Warranty expires on Dec 5, and the online repair form at account.microsoft.com/devices stops at step 2 with "Choose a service type ... There are no service offers associated with selected problem/accessory type", and I won't have opportunity to drive to New Orleans to attempt an in-person swap at the MS store. Options?

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
How long is the warranty? I just bought mine in late May, and the online warranty system stated I owed $200 to get it fixed. So essentially, out of warranty-go buy a new one.

Not impressed with this device at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss