Band app crashes on opening

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I've been a happy Band user since it first came out. But starting a week ago, Microsoft Band (formerly Microsoft Health) crashes upon opening on my Android device. I've tried clearing data, uninstalling, reboot, reinstalling, re-pairing - no joy.

The problem started a little over a week ago on the prior version of Band and continues with the current version. It crashes even if I have my phone set to airplane mode, so I don't think it a problem with the data in the backend servers or the Band itself. I'm baffled as to what might have changed. I only allow a few apps to auto-update.

I'm not seeing the group blow up with others experiencing the problem. I went to the MS store and probably ran into the only other person who has experienced this. His advice is to wait for a update. But I'd like to hear from anyone else experiencing this or how they've fixed it.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Well, I seemed to have solved my problem by taking advantage of a Black Friday special (60% off) to upgrade to the Pixel.

Although, it's not problem free. I get stuck at "We're logging you in to your Microsoft account..." if I try to "backspace" too far. But it's already in my account since it's able to retrieve my history from before I got the phone. But I guess that's what I get for being on the cutting edge with Android 7.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99