Having a difficult time getting my Band 2 repaired

Doctor_Who

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've tried for two days to get a repair job done on my MS Band 2. The band is seriously cracked and I'm certain will break off within the next day or so. It is still under warranty until the end of this month. When I've gone to Microsoft's website to set up the repair job I have to select the type of service. I've chosen both Other and Physical Damage, but each of them gives me the following error message, "There are no service offers associated with selected problem/accessory type." So what is the issue? What's the secret word I've got to use to get this repaired while it is still under warranty?

Rod

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Same issue for me. Website told me I needed to pay $200 for the repair. Bought end of May, cracked/broke on both sides of the display the beginning of October. Piece of crap. Very disappointed with MS on this one...

ShawnC13

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I just went through the repair procedure for the fourth time. This time on the MS Canada site this message was there Online repair service is not available now. If your Band needs service, please contact Customer Support. I just went through chat support and they said up the return that way

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
The website gave me the same message yesterday morning after I found that my Band 2 suddenly stopped taking a charge. I did a chat with a rep who initiated a warranty exchange and emailed me a return shipping label. He also informed me that if they are out of stock and the problem is covered under warranty that they would issue a refund.

I'm a little concerned that my warranty claim will be denied. A few months ago, I fell and caused a deep scratch in the rubber of the strap, near the area where other owners have been experiencing cracking. The scratch isn't deep enough to expose any wires and has worked for several months in this condition, but I'm worried that this will be deemed physical abuse of the product and void the warranty.

jwpear

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I created a repair order from the site in late November. I had trouble getting the shipping label. I chatted with support and they finished up the repair order for me. However, my Band has been in their hands for over two weeks. When it sat for a while, I chatted with support again and they told me they're having trouble finding parts or replacement devices. She said they may just issue a refund. She couldn't tell me when they would arrive at a decision.

My guess is that they're out of inventory and no longer have capacity to perform repairs, so they have shut down the repair order page for Bands. You'll probably have to contact support directly and the only option may be some form of a refund.

I did purchase MS Complete for my Band 2 after having experienced the need to get my Band 1 repaired/replaced three times (a total of four devices over a year). Well, and because the Band 2 was more expensive than Band 1. Anyway, that could have had something to do with my ability to create a repair order.

I'm currently using my old Band 1 to get me by. But it has a corroded charging port and will soon be impossible to charge based on my past experience with Band 1. Since it is out of warranty now, I'll probably tinker with it to see how long I can keep it going. I'm thinking I'll take a file to the corrosion on the charging port.

I have ordered a Fitbit Blaze to try out while they're on sale for $179. Am also considering the Surge, but they and original Charge suffer from band issues too. At least the Blaze has replaceable bands.

I hate to leave the Band behind, but it was living on borrowed time.

Good luck to you.

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I have totally opposite experience here in Europe.
My Band 2 started giving battery trouble (shutting off with considerable battery juice left). So I chatted with a support executive, who checked the warranty and created a shipping label for me.
I shipped the Band 2 on Tuesday. They received it the next day (in Germany), and dispatched a new Band 2. I received it on Friday.
Overall, very happy with the service and support.

anon(9895094)

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I went to my local MS store this last weekend as my band had cracked. They said that they are not replacing them anymore for about a week now because they ran out of stock (they means all the stores in the US). They are offering $175 credit towards a Fitbit band. What really sucked was that my band cracked about a month ago and I had been meaning to go, but today, tomorrow, and I missed the train. I told them I didn't want the Fitbit and went to Amazon since I got mine from Amazon. Two days later, I have a replacement in my hand :) The real problem is, what am I gonna do when this one cracks...

conorn

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Same experience this week in Ireland. Did web chat on Monday, returned it and UPS had new retail box (not refurb) in my hand by lunch today. Great service, but pity we need it.

This is my second replacement. Battery this time, strap the last. That time it was a refurb and i was never really satisfied with it. Looked used and clasp rattled. Not surprised it packed in.

Three bands in 7 months.

Originally posted by Techno-Freak
I have totally opposite experience here in Europe.
My Band 2 started giving battery trouble (shutting off with considerable battery juice left). So I chatted with a support executive, who checked the warranty and created a shipping label for me.
I shipped the Band 2 on Tuesday. They received it the next day (in Germany), and dispatched a new Band 2. I received it on Friday.
Overall, very happy with the service and support.

mrl1te

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I sent my band 2 in the week of Thanksgiving. It was received on the 23rd and did not hear a peep for over two weeks. I began calling and chatting with them and they advised me a refund may be issued. I keep asking them how long I am going to wait until they make a decision on whether to refund my money or send me a refurbished device and they won't answer.

I have had my case escalated and since then have still not heard anything further. After calling back they simply tell me someone should call me back or email me in a few days of the escalation. It has been escalated for almost two weeks now and no communication.

Very frustrating as I was happy with the Band when I was able to use it. Now, I am starting to hope for the refund so I can buy something else.

Any advice in dealing with customer service on how to get them to expedite the process??

AZTonyUSA

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why some of you are having such a hard time getting the Band fixed or replaced, especially if it's under warranty. I just had my Band 2 replaced at the MS store because of a crack in the band. I had started a work order using chat through the microsoftstore website. They sent me the mailing label to send it in and I was told they would either fix it, replace it, or refund my money. Since it was the weekend I decided to stop by the local MS store just to see if they could do anything, which they did. They had some in stock and gave me a new one. I'm kind of regretting it now since I only paid $100 for it on Amazon and could've gotten $175. Oh well, the old one lasted 5 months, we'll see how long this one lasts.

One suggestion for those that are having trouble getting the Band fixed or replaced, file a complaint with the BBB on their website. You'll be surprised how these big corporations are quick to respond to any bad reports.

On a side note, any suggestions for a screen protector for the Band would be appreciated. I've used a Skinomi but it ended up not staying on.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I sent my band 2 in the week of Thanksgiving. It was received on the 23rd and did not hear a peep for over two weeks. I began calling and chatting with them and they advised me a refund may be issued. I keep asking them how long I am going to wait until they make a decision on whether to refund my money or send me a refurbished device and they won't answer.
I sent my Band 2 in about a week and a half ago, and it was received by Microsoft last Tuesday, the 13th. I did a chat with support yesterday because the repair order status online has been pending the "Device Repaired" step since it was received. In the past, this process has taken about 10 days total from the time I dropped it off with FedEx, but the support agent told me that they advise 8 to 10 business days after they receive the device. I was only on day 5. If the status isn't updated by next week, I'm going to try again to see if they can provide any more information.

Any advice in dealing with customer service on how to get them to expedite the process??
I've used Skinomi, and they've worked pretty well. I've only had issues with the corners starting to peel up after about 3 months of use, but most of the screen remains covered and protected.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon