Band 2 remaining stock for service centre replacements

gpmartin1978

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
So I'm about to send my Band 2 for service for the third time - the first two were split straps; this time there's an issue with the Band powering off despite still having battery charge left. The last time I sent it was just before Christmas, and they said then that there might not be any stock left, in which case I would get a refund instead. Obviously they sent me a replacement that time, but they have given me the same warning this time. To be honest, given how poor the quality is, I would prefer a refund!

I'm therefore wondering whether anyone has received a refund instead of a replacement yet, when sending to the Ichterhausen service centre in Germany?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
It wouldn't surprise me if they are doing refunds globally - every time they send a replacement there's a potential for greater overhead in replacing later. You'll only really know when they've received it and respond with the outcome though.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I went just yesterday to replace my Band 2 (my 4th one!) and they said they were out, so they gave me a $175 store credit that I used to get a Fitbit Charge 2. There are a few things that I miss about the Band 2, but overall I've been pretty happy so far.

FWIW, I'm in the U.S., so it may not be the same deal in Germany.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I ended up moving from the Band 2 to a Fitbit Surge. Apart from notifications, it's not bad at all. It makes sense that they would offer a refund now because stock levels are dwindling.

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I went just yesterday to replace my Band 2 (my 4th one!) and they said they were out, so they gave me a $175 store credit that I used to get a Fitbit Charge 2. There are a few things that I miss about the Band 2, but overall I've been pretty happy so far.

FWIW, I'm in the U.S., so it may not be the same deal in Germany.

The Charge 2 is what I was looking to buy, but it's pretty garbage imho. I bought it for my wife, since the Band 1 she uses is starting to tear. The major problem I have with the Charge is that 1) You can only read the text notification once and if you needed to look at a previous text, you have to go to the phone because the Charge doesn't store any of it. 2) The step tracking is still horrible like the first generation Fitbit I had where it counted so many phantom steps when I'm at my desk, sofa or even bed.

I can't bring myself to buying it with the store credit when the time comes. Then Band 2 is significantly better than FitBits and I'm so sad there isn't a Band 3.

harakan

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm therefore wondering whether anyone has received a refund instead of a replacement yet, when sending to the Ichterhausen service centre in Germany?

YES.

I arranged return of my Band 2 (Medium) from the UK to Germany a week ago over the phone (for a split in the strap), and was told I'd get a replacement in 8-10 working days. No mention was made that a replacement might not be available.

Today I got an email saying they had no replacements and would send a refund cheque in 6-8 weeks.

Fortunately I still have a functional original Band that I'd switched to temporarily...

gpmartin1978

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
YES.

I arranged return of my Band 2 (Medium) from the UK to Germany a week ago over the phone (for a split in the strap), and was told I'd get a replacement in 8-10 working days. No mention was made that a replacement might not be available.

Today I got an email saying they had no replacements and would send a refund cheque in 6-8 weeks.

Fortunately I still have a functional original Band that I'd switched to temporarily...

Interesting! The German service centre has received my Band (also medium), and I've just had this message: "Your item will be reviewed by our exchange center and a replacement will be processed. Your replacement will ship soon (usually within a few days.), subject to inventory availability and shipper delays." Souinds like I might be getting a refund too...

silvertonesx24

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
My 5th (or 6th? lost count) Band 2 just had the infamous 0% charge problem. My local stores no longer carry any replacement stock, so I sent it into a service center expecting a refund and went out and bought a NIB band on eBay. To my surprise, I get an email that my replacement band from the service center is on it's way. So I guess in CONUS it's still possible. And now I have two.

Good insurance I guess because I don't want a smartwatch style, I really like Microsoft Health, and the alternatives all seem like a step down.

Axel Delvaux

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I'm from Belgium so I bought mine from the uk store a year an a half ago. I've already got it replaced 3 times and yesterday it let me down...again. The battery won't charge. I wanted to send it back but I can't find the way to do it. I get an error message when I follow the steps I think are correct. Did they stop the service? Did anybody have the same issue? Maybe I'm doing s/th wrong so can anybody copy the url here or remind the way to do it. It pisses me off that it's so crappy coz I really love using it. Thx

gpmartin1978

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
The automated system doesn't work any more, but if you connect via chat to a service agent, they should be able to arrange return and replacement pretty easily.

RoelB

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
New datapoint: returned my band from NL (to Germany using the provided UPS label) on May 23 (this was the fourth time the band broke. This time no replacement (unfortunately). I got an e-mail today (about a month after the return) stating that they would issue a check for USD 174.99 and send that to my home address.

As I'm based in the Netherlands, I have no use for a US cheque and will not be able to cash that. Also, this band was bought in the UK Microsoft store shop and was more expensive than USD 174.99.

I've complained and the case has been escalated. I just want them to refund through the original payment method, which was Paypal.

damnorrall

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
I sent mine off at the end of march and got the reply saying they would refund and it would 6-8 weeks this time passed still no cheque so chassed it up. Suddenly it was processed for a £149.99 (I paused £200.00 for it )so got back to them and they agreed to pay the difference on another cheque it's now been another 8weeks still no cheques have arrived I'm about to start a court claim as they are just taken the Mickey

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss