07-06-2019 08:41 PM
34 12
tools
    A question about your experience with the Galaxy watch.. if I may....
    How reliable have you found the alarm features?
    I need a band or watch that is super reliable for alarm timing.
    I have had less than stellar experience with alarm apps on my android phones (All Samsung Notes), especially as the O/S has become more locked down.

Refund:
    I noticed an email from Microsoft on 4/26, but had the same concerns about a spear-phishing attack as has been expressed here.
    Thanks to everyone on this thread for allaying those fears.
    Payment info submitted.

Like many others, I had gone through a couple of Band 1's, and a couple of Band 2's.
    I have been back on my original Band 1 for about a year... but am now looking for a replacement.
    04-27-2019 04:26 PM
    A question about your experience with the Galaxy watch.. if I may....
    How reliable have you found the alarm features?
    I need a band or watch that is super reliable for alarm timing.
    I have had less than stellar experience with alarm apps on my android phones (All Samsung Notes), especially as the O/S has become more locked down.
    I have not used my Watch Active for Alarms... There is an Alarm widget on my Active by default -- so it is a core element of the watch's Tizen OS.

The only reliablility issue I have experienced with my Active is that it's sleep monitoring and/or tracking isn't as reliable as I would like -- ok, it can be pretty bad at times. The Active shows that I slept for 2.4 hours, then "not asleep" for another couple or few hours adn then shows me sleeping again for a few more hours.

So while I have spept ~8hrs the watch shows that I slept 2.4hrs + 3hrs = 5.4hrs total when it should report 8.
    04-27-2019 05:20 PM
    Received £150 from MS yesterday :)
    05-03-2019 11:48 AM
    Hmm, I was an "active user" of my Band 2 and I still have not received an email from Microsoft about a refund. Bummed.
    06-24-2019 09:34 PM
    Well, I just tried contacting the "live chat" with Microsoft about not receiving an email about my refund, and all the person said was, "If you didn't receive the email, you are not eligible for a refund. It's an automated system, so if you were eligible you would have received the email."

Well, I was an "active user" up through 03-19-2019, and I was syncing my Band 2 with the 'Microsoft Band' app on my Lumia 1520 until that date, so how would I not be eligible. I was signed in with my Microsoft account for everything, but yet "the system" decided I was ineligible? WTF!?!
    06-24-2019 10:16 PM
    Since the Microsoft customer service person was unable to help me, I contacted my State Attorney General's consumer complaints office and the next day I received a reply that they considered my complaint valid and would be contacting Microsoft. The very next day I had both an email and a voicemail from a Microsoft customer service supervisor asking how she could help me. I replied to the email, so we'll see what happens next.
    06-27-2019 09:52 PM
    Well, after contacting my State's Attorney General's consumer complaints department and filing a complaint against Microsoft for the Band fiasco, I was contacted by Microsoft and as of today, my check is in the mail.
    07-02-2019 04:31 PM
    Which state are you from?
    I was an active user during the time frame (it was all on my Dashboard) but did not get anything at all.
    07-05-2019 11:27 PM
    I'm in Washington state. If you're not, you should still file a complaint with your State Attorney General's consumer complaints division. If they're like mine in Washington state, they say they'll not represent you or your case in court, but if they find your complaint valid, they'll reach out and Contact Microsoft and give them a good dose of "stink-eye", and that was enough for me to get my refund.

I no longer had the "proof of purchase" from the box, and I couldn't find my receipt, either. I gave Microsoft my Band 2's serial number and that seemed to be good enough to satisfy them.

Give it a shot. You've certainly got nothing to lose, and $175 to gain. I'm sure Microsoft anticipated a scenario like this, but knows most people won't bother to file a complaint, but when they do file a complaint, they take care of it. Good luck!
    07-06-2019 08:41 PM
34 12