Not Receiving Notifications on MS Band

buzzard75

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Not sure what's going on. I haven't been receiving notifications on my Band for the past few days. The last one I got was dated 9/11. Both the phone and the band show as Bluetooth connected. I've tried cycling power on both the phone and the band. I connect to the Microsoft Health app every morning to update my sleep and that works just fine. I'm just not receiving any notifications at all. No email, phone, text, app notifications, nothing. Not even Cortana is updating the headlines anymore.

Some help would be appreciated.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Not sure what's going on. I haven't been receiving notifications on my Band for the past few days. The last one I got was dated 9/11. Both the phone and the band show as Bluetooth connected. I've tried cycling power on both the phone and the band. I connect to the Microsoft Health app every morning to update my sleep and that works just fine. I'm just not receiving any notifications at all. No email, phone, text, app notifications, nothing. Not even Cortana is updating the headlines anymore.

Some help would be appreciated.

try pairing the band again?

buzzard75

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Done that. Unpaired and re-paired.

Both phone and band are showing they are connected to each other via Bluetooth and it connects and syncs with the Microsoft Health app, so I'm fairly certain it's not a pairing issue. One day it was working fine and I was getting every notification, the next it just decided to stop. I don't know if there was an OS update or a software update a few days ago (I'm in the Release Preview Ring) or what, but it's like the phone just stopped pushing notifications or the Band just won't receive them anymore. Even my Fanband app won't auto-update on a schedule. I have to do it manually.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Done that. Unpaired and re-paired.

Both phone and band are showing they are connected to each other via Bluetooth and it connects and syncs with the Microsoft Health app, so I'm fairly certain it's not a pairing issue. One day it was working fine and I was getting every notification, the next it just decided to stop. I don't know if there was an OS update or a software update a few days ago (I'm in the Release Preview Ring) or what, but it's like the phone just stopped pushing notifications or the Band just won't receive them anymore. Even my Fanband app won't auto-update on a schedule. I have to do it manually.

do you get notifications on the phone though?

buzzard75

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Think I figured out what's going on, but I'm not sure how to fix it. Open Microsoft Band app. I open Manage Tiles from the hamburger menu and I get a pop up for Notifications saying to enable notifications for Mail, go to phone's settings, tap Accessory Apps, and turn the switch on for Microsoft Band. I tap Okay, and I can see that the listings and switches for Mail, Calls, Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Twitter, and Notification Center are grayed out. I can't change them at all in the Microsoft Band app anymore.

I go to my phone settings as the pop up suggested, but I don't see Accessory Apps. I did a search for it and it finds it. I eventually found it myself buried in the Privacy section. Opening Accessory Apps, a screen comes up and says "User consent, Turn notifications on or off for any accessory companion apps. Turning on notifications allows an app to receive your notification data, such as text messages and caller IDs." The only two things on that page are "Learn more" and "Privacy Statement" both of which also just open a couple webpages. There are no switches and no button to give consent.

Again, not sure what to do here, but I think this is what's preventing myself and others from getting updates pushed to our Bands.

buzzard75

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I uninstalled and reinstalled the Microsoft Band app. After that, everything in the app that was grayed out before was no longer grayed out. It also showed up in Accessory Apps in the Settings>Privacy menu and I started receiving text and Facebook Messenger notifications. I haven't received a call yet to see if I get a notification for that, but for now, everything seems to be working as it used to.

I know they've been updating the Microsoft Band app lately so I'm guessing that something got hosed up in one of those updates.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I uninstalled and reinstalled the Microsoft Band app. After that, everything in the app that was grayed out before was no longer grayed out. It also showed up in Accessory Apps in the Settings>Privacy menu and I started receiving text and Facebook Messenger notifications. I haven't received a call yet to see if I get a notification for that, but for now, everything seems to be working as it used to.

I know they've been updating the Microsoft Band app lately so I'm guessing that something got hosed up in one of those updates.

so a reinstall fixed it - :smile:

buzzard75

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
so a reinstall fixed it - :smile:

For the time being. I've read other reports that say it eventually stops working again. I don't understand how an app update can break core functionality like that, especially when I just installed the same version of the app that broke it in the first place. It makes no sense.

If it continues to happen regularly, I may just be done with my Band. Not that this was the Band's fault, it's just falling apart as it is and really needs to be replaced.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)