Bootloop

Tim1954

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
Hi clever windows experts! I am from the dark side (Android central),
I have an old Asus laptop running Windows 7, it hasn't had update for years now and it's got slower and slower on the last few months.
Anyway, it's now completely spat the dummy and is in bootloop.
Is there a way to boot up holding buttons down like one does in phones?
This has a stuffed battery too if that makes any difference....

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi clever windows experts! I am from the dark side (Android central),
I have an old Asus laptop running Windows 7, it hasn't had update for years now and it's got slower and slower on the last few months.
Anyway, it's now completely spat the dummy and is in bootloop.
Is there a way to boot up holding buttons down like one does in phones?
This has a stuffed battery too if that makes any difference....

You could boot into the BIOS, but that really won't help to recover the PC or any data. You should be able to pull the hard drive out quite easily. It should simply be a matter of removing a few screws from the cover, and you are probably almost done. Different OEMs secure the drive in different ways, but once you get it out, you can get something like this: https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3755033 and copy all your files to another computer or cloud service.

Tim1954

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for that, I eventually replaced the hard drive with a solid state one. It boots up well but it can't find/see my wireless internet! If I plug the unit in usb it connects but I'm not sure how secure it is re other people seeing it so I'm not keen on using it like that...
It has all this blurb about that but it means nothing to me at all... ??????

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that, I eventually replaced the hard drive with a solid state one. It boots up well but it can't find/see my wireless internet! If I plug the unit in usb it connects but I'm not sure how secure it is re other people seeing it so I'm not keen on using it like that...
It has all this blurb about that but it means nothing to me at all... ������

It's a separate card? Sorry for the late reply. Didn't check the thread for a while.

Tim1954

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
Ah all good thanks, I had a dude come around and got it all going for me. Even put windows 10 on it.. And it should survive my temper tantrums being solid state (I usually bash my laptops to death in frustration... ??????)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05