buying advice

codrutp

Oct 10, 2018
Visit site
I need to buy a laptop for someone dear to me. She needs to run Photoshop properly.
I like the Surface line of laptops and especially I like the cobalt blue on Surface 2 laptop. It would be the perfect gift.
But it needs to have 32 GB of memory. The question is, if I purchase laptop 2 can I upgrade the memory? Is there any Surface laptops which can be upgraded to 32 GB?

Thanks

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The RAM on the 1st gen Surface Laptop 1 is soldered onto the board. I believe the same is true for the newer model as well, so 16GB is the max you can get.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
I need to buy a laptop for someone dear to me. She needs to run Photoshop properly.
I like the Surface line of laptops and especially I like the cobalt blue on Surface 2 laptop. It would be the perfect gift.
But it needs to have 32 GB of memory. The question is, if I purchase laptop 2 can I upgrade the memory? Is there any Surface laptops which can be upgraded to 32 GB?

Thanks
, I think you would be better off getting a similar device from one of the big laptop brands (preferable a business laptop so you can easily open it uo / replace & upgrade stuff). I would recommend the Thinkpad X1 Yoga but I am not sure if the ram is upgradeable. It being a Thinkpad you would it is upgradeable/serviceable but I cannot find anything about it in a quick duckduckgo/google search. More possibilities:
- Dell Precision or perhaps the XPS too.
- HP Elitebook series or HP Spectre x360.
- Yoga 730 or 930.
- maybe the Huawei Matebook Pro, it also has a 3:2 touch screen but it doesn't look like a laptop that is easy to upgrade/service.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb