I need to buy a laptop for someone dear to me. She needs to run Photoshop properly.
    I like the Surface line of laptops and especially I like the cobalt blue on Surface 2 laptop. It would be the perfect gift.
    But it needs to have 32 GB of memory. The question is, if I purchase laptop 2 can I upgrade the memory? Is there any Surface laptops which can be upgraded to 32 GB?

Thanks
    11-16-2018 09:13 AM
    The RAM on the 1st gen Surface Laptop 1 is soldered onto the board. I believe the same is true for the newer model as well, so 16GB is the max you can get.
    11-16-2018 10:12 AM
    I need to buy a laptop for someone dear to me. She needs to run Photoshop properly.
    I like the Surface line of laptops and especially I like the cobalt blue on Surface 2 laptop. It would be the perfect gift.
    But it needs to have 32 GB of memory. The question is, if I purchase laptop 2 can I upgrade the memory? Is there any Surface laptops which can be upgraded to 32 GB?

Thanks
    , I think you would be better off getting a similar device from one of the big laptop brands (preferable a business laptop so you can easily open it uo / replace & upgrade stuff). I would recommend the Thinkpad X1 Yoga but I am not sure if the ram is upgradeable. It being a Thinkpad you would it is upgradeable/serviceable but I cannot find anything about it in a quick duckduckgo/google search. More possibilities:
    - Dell Precision or perhaps the XPS too.
    - HP Elitebook series or HP Spectre x360.
    - Yoga 730 or 930.
    - maybe the Huawei Matebook Pro, it also has a 3:2 touch screen but it doesn't look like a laptop that is easy to upgrade/service.
    12-13-2018 08:27 AM