Surface Laptop Studio – i7/32GB/1TB SSD sold out?

NutmegState

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Did the Surface Laptop Studio – i7/32GB/1TB SSD seems to be already out of stock!

Amazon, Best Buy, and MS Store seem to state that the specific model is either back-ordered or not available.

I think the 2gb upgrade at $400 more seems like a bit much. I am wondering how one would go about swapping from 512gb to a larger SSD I could purchase myself but without the huge hassle of trying to figure out how to move Windows 11 over to a new 1tb ssd drive. Wondering if we know what SSDs are compatible.

Just seems odd that they under manufactured the mid-tier option.

NutmegState

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Here is my assumption. Win 11 is mostly a shell upgrade of Win 10. The original HD that comes with the surface will have a recovery partition similar to what I have seen with the Surface Pro 7 which has a removable HD. You need to get those files either to an SD card or to an external HD. Then you need to create a new primary SSD with whatever you will be upgrading to. Copy the recovery files over. Then boot the machine into recovery mode and the computer will recover itself. You lose whatever bloatware if any is installed and you may have to reinstall drivers and windows updates but after many downloads and reboots you should have a new drive. I do not know enough about Win 11 nor the Surface Studio to know if any of my assumptions are correct which is why I was asking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs