That's what I heard Mary Jo Foley say on the podcast Windows weekly. Holo Lens was originally a gaming headset for Xbox to compete with Sony. But Satya Nedella tested it out and said we need to do more with this, So they removed it from Xbox and it became the Windows 10 AR head set it is now. Lets not forget the holo lens people originally were behind Kenect 1.0 (Xbox 360) 2.0 (Xbox one). Surprisingly this hardware maybe the innovation we were looking for Microsoft to find. This may be there version of what Google is doing with Driverless cars, and what apple did, with Ipod's, Iphone's and Ipad's.
    01-21-2015 10:09 PM
    Apple did jack with all the "i's".....as for Google, Screw Google glass, I'd rather get myself a Hololens. Hopefully, this masterpeice will help Microsoft get a push in the long run.
    EStrait39 likes this.
    01-21-2015 11:43 PM
    Well, if everything goes right, people will be able to use this with Xbox regardless. I think Oculus is way ahead of Sony's VR headset, and the idea that it could potentially be used with anything with an HDMI port means Microsoft has more incentive to let it grow rather than try and take it down. (Didn't they say Win 10 would support oculus natively?)

Hololens *could* potentially give us a VR experience as well as AR, which makes it unique. Not to mention you'll have an easier time finding the keyboard than with an Oculus.

I just wanna know, where's my Amusphere? XD
    EStrait39 likes this.
    01-22-2015 12:08 PM
    I'm sure the recent failures of Xbox lead to this device getting pushed to Windows and used for more than gaming. As a gaming headset it would have flopped horribly. At least now it has mainstream potential.
    01-23-2015 01:51 AM