Will hololens allow multiple users to view same thing??

Sachinmeet

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i had a question in mind. We've see hololens bringing holograms to the user of the hololens. Would it also allow other persons to see what a person is viewing when all of them are wearing hololens ?? Kind of like a network between different hololenses

saintofdegeneration

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes. Although it wasn't officially announced, It totally looks like various Hololenses can be connected wirelessly and the respective users can opt to join another person's "holo world". At the event, they used two devices. One was used by the presenter who did the 3d modelling and the second was used with the camera so that the viewers could see what she was building.

Richard Culverhouse

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Although it wasn't officially announced, It totally looks like various Hololenses can be connected wirelessly and the respective users can opt to join another person's "holo world". At the event, they used two devices. One was used by the presenter who did the 3d modelling and the second was used with the camera so that the viewers could see what she was building.

Yeah, that was cool lol

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Which means "co-op" game play by users in the same room. That would be so awesome! Wait, I'm not a gamer anymore. Heh... I could be for something like that, though. Gives a whole new meaning to LAN party for gaming. Instead of everyone sitting at a computer, hook up in an arena and everyone has HoloLens for a seriously massive multiplayer experience.

I can imagine something like that replacing a lot of "paint gun" facilities. Wow... I can also imagine it would be a great training tool for military tactics, police training, Firefighter training, Emergency Medical Technician training, CPR classes, etc. The possibilities are endless, really.

By the time NASA buys a bunch for doing "walk-throughs" of Mars, and by the time the Military buys up tens of thousands for training, and other governments do the same, I imagine it will help to bring down production costs a bit so that we consumers will be able to afford them a lot sooner.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Holo Novels... YES! Love that idea!

Heck, I'd love to replay Tomb Raider Reboot written for HoloLens. That would be wicked awesome.

EStrait39

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I thought the same thing, like connecting Hololens to your Xbox One and having like 4 friends with Hololens' (pricey I know!!) and everybody can have a full screen experience... no more tiny split screen!

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I thought the same thing, like connecting Hololens to your Xbox One and having like 4 friends with Hololens' (pricey I know!!) and everybody can have a full screen experience... no more tiny split screen!

No, not full screen experience. Full Environment experience where you can see where the others are, and gun them down! Unless they're hiding like cowards behind the couch! Uh... just sayin'.

NIST

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Our be able to walk into a movie scene with other actors all wearing a hololens and recording it on a Surface. Beyond green screen.

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I guess MS figured that out already. I think it will be like multi-player mode in games. You see what they see if you have common ground like if you are playing the same thing. I think this will be app enabled. Just my 2 cents.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diane Cunhm