View Poll Results: Will you buy a HoloLens?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, no matter what the price is I'm having it!

15 31.25%
  • No, not a chance.

4 8.33%
  • Maybe, I need to see more before I decide.

29 60.42%
04-19-2018 10:05 PM
70 123
tools
    camping out the night before they start selling. This is the one piece of hardware I must have.
    Penguwin likes this.
    07-14-2015 06:02 PM
    probly not and less its rily cheap the MH v1 will be throught with problemes and it will not be for us. its geared to big biz.

if you do buy one at first it will be a lot of fun and instring, but because of the FoV it will quickly become one of those things that sit's in the courbed and clects dust.. only to be pulled out when people come over to show off...v2 may change that but who know's they only way i see it working is if the price point is so high that only big biz can buy them.

this will help cover the cost of develemp. and v2 will be for us. but as it stands now that FoV will make it inpractal for most people to use...

but i'm shore the sheep will still be lining up around the block the night befor it comes out with no idear what there actaly going to do with it
    07-17-2015 08:14 PM
    probly not and less its rily cheap the MH v1 will be throught with problemes and it will not be for us. its geared to big biz.

if you do buy one at first it will be a lot of fun and instring, but because of the FoV it will quickly become one of those things that sit's in the courbed and clects dust.. only to be pulled out when people come over to show off...v2 may change that but who know's they only way i see it working is if the price point is so high that only big biz can buy them.

this will help cover the cost of develemp. and v2 will be for us. but as it stands now that FoV will make it inpractal for most people to use...

but i'm shore the sheep will still be lining up around the block the night befor it comes out with no idear what there actaly going to do with it
    Maybe someone will develop some form of typing tutorial for it...
    07-20-2015 10:37 AM
    Maybe, I need to see more before I decide.

more being it's price tag.
    08-03-2015 10:43 AM
    its amazing but how much is that lol
    08-15-2015 10:31 AM
    Maybe,it is depends on the price.
    08-17-2015 02:57 AM
    My friend is testing HoloLens and says they're way better than Google Glass. I'd buy a pair but it'll depend of the price
    08-27-2015 10:22 AM
    My friend is testing HoloLens and says they're way better than Google Glass. I'd buy a pair but it'll depend of the price
    While that may yet prove to be so, I think the two device's are targeted at two totally different use cases and have entirely different objectives from the get-go.

No one expects you to walk around town with your Hololens on after all. :)
    08-27-2015 12:23 PM
    Yea maybe, but my friend's walking around the town recording usual things :D So in your opinion? What's the main destination of using HoloLens?
    08-28-2015 03:59 AM
    Yea maybe, but my friend's walking around the town recording usual things :D So in your opinion? What's the main destination of using HoloLens?
    In Microsoft's own demonstrations, the Hololens has always been used in a building, doing work, playing a game in your living room, or video conferencing with a colleague. Time will tell, I'm excited to see what comes of this interesting new tech from Microsoft.
    08-28-2015 12:34 PM
    I'd love to try developing for it!
    10-07-2015 02:20 PM
    Now we know the price, at least for the Developer's kit: $3000.

That is way out of my league but I will get one when it's more affordable.

Maybe time for a new poll.
    10-07-2015 03:51 PM
    I imagine they are going to have to reduce this price at least a little bit if they want it to become used by anyone other than corporations & elite enthusiasts.

Then again that is just the price of the developer edition, the consumer one could be different.
    10-07-2015 06:32 PM
    I went to the Demo in Los Angeles last month and while my initial reaction was disappointment (due to the field of view) I quickly adjusted and didn't find it a deal breaker. I do still think the field of view and the price tag limit it to business uses. But, that is what I was interested in using it for anyway! :D
    11-29-2015 11:37 AM
    1. Price
    2. Software choices

1 will determine 2, if 1 is low, then plenty of 2 will come out...

In a nutshell, If there is plenty of software and when it hits retail, and hits under the $500 mark, sure I will get one but, if it's $2500+, lots of software choices WONT be available(devs go for most customers, high price wont have as much) so chances are VERY high I wont buy one...
    02-29-2016 08:06 PM
    I'm looking forward for a proper final product review before deciding. But that price is outrageous, at the moment...
    03-27-2018 05:39 AM
    I feel it is way too soon to purchase anything AR related. It's almost like when VR just released, it took quite a long time for the ball to start rolling.
    04-01-2018 06:46 PM
    It would definitely depend on the final price (not the current ~$3000 developer one) upon release.

Having said that, I don't usually buy "new" technology when it first comes out either. I rely on user feedback+reviews before I can make an informed decision. Not to mention for a new product like this, probably a year later they'll release a newer model with all (possible) issues fixed.
    04-08-2018 08:01 AM
    Would love to, but sadly am losing more and more faith in MS every day. $3000? Still? After 3 years? Development-only version? Still? After 3 years?

As Motley Fool suggests it seems like MS is about to let their early lead with an innovative product get leapfrogged again by either Leap Motion or Google.

Is MS capable anymore of finishing anything it's started?
    04-14-2018 07:37 PM
    Would love to, but sadly am losing more and more faith in MS every day. $3000? Still? After 3 years? Development-only version? Still? After 3 years?

As Motley Fool suggests it seems like MS is about to let their early lead with an innovative product get leapfrogged again by either Leap Motion or Google.

Is MS capable anymore of finishing anything it's started?
    Last I checked the HoloLens is being used in several big businesses, and different tools are being developed for it. I'm not aware of Google working on anything similar, and magic leap is so secretive that if they aren't vapourware they will have a hard time garnering developer interest - while out of the box every UWP app will work on HoloLens.

What Microsoft is working on is pretty advanced, and the closest thing we will get to a Star Trek Holodeck without completely shutting out the real world. Give it time.
    04-19-2018 10:05 PM
70 123