Gaming on the Hololens

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
bwahahahaha, I can see in the news, MS being sued by thousands of people for being responsible for killing their luved ones playing horror games on the hololens by causing heart attacks or PTSD syndrome LOL

Prince Kano

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Very exciting indeed. I signed up just to talk about the Hololens. On topic, as long as it allows a virtual screen any size we desire, it's amazing for gaming based on that alone. Everything else is gravy.

But,

Since it can turn your living room into Mars with a 7 foot rover in the center. I imagine it could easily be a game character, say Marcus Fenix, and instead of Mars be a game world. To be able to look left, right and behind you and notice that your physically sitting in a game world..

Mind blown.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Would love it for GPS navi. Like jaguars it could show a virtual car in front of you showing where to turn, not solid of course but transparent as to not block view.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
if they shrink it down to sunglasses' size it will definitely attract developers :p meanwhile we can have a sliding dark shade to make it full VR like the oculus for games, also this thing combined with Kinect would make for really powerful experiences, just imagine having this with the shade on for VR mode, standing in front of Kinect, and being held mid air inside a gyroscopic machine *,..,*

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I really think IF this works like they show, this could be epic for gaming....

I mean it, they talk Xbox one for it and 3-4 games (AAA games, not entry games like 1/2 of the Kinect games), $700? I'll find a way to buy it...
-Playing COD, and someone shoots at you, the bullet comes out of the screen at you....
-Games like sword fighting, seeing the blades come close to you....
-Uncharted style games, how about your whole room to have the depth of field, grass on your floor, trees right around you rocks on the floor.
-All the way down to a simple chess game, moving pieces on your coffee table...

The gaming aspect of this device could be UNREAL, all depends on how the Devs take advantage of it. The options for a device like this is limitless and could bring a wild depth to games that has never been seen before. Something that could really bring you into the game and make you feel part of it....

I wont be a day one guy, unless there is a ton of content available but dam this does look cool.

Anything that can make games feel more real, I am totally game for !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion