02-09-2015 08:01 PM
26 12
tools
    So, we know that a minecraft like game has been in the Hololens demo, but what if (and there will be) there are multiple online multiplayer games. From a simple wrestling/fighting game using some kind of arm motion sensors, to MMORPG's like Sword Art Online, or Accel World! The ideas are limitless!
    SPS828 and danz14 like this.
    01-23-2015 12:13 PM
    And pretty much like already happened with the Kinect, no serious game studio is gonna pick up on that. Unfortunately.
    01-23-2015 12:22 PM
    And pretty much like already happened with the Kinect, no serious game studio is gonna pick up on that. Unfortunately.
    Stop comparing this with Kinect. This device has great potential for serious games.
    danz14 likes this.
    01-23-2015 10:09 PM
    Stop comparing this with Kinect. This device has great potential for serious games.
    Why should I? The Kinect has/had more serious gaming potential than the Hololens. Remember, serious gaming potential. Yet it has never been adopted by revs. With the way the Hololens works by blending virtual over reality, I just can't see how this is supposed to work for great games.
    01-24-2015 06:53 AM
    Why should I? The Kinect has/had more serious gaming potential than the Hololens. Remember, serious gaming potential. Yet it has never been adopted by revs. With the way the Hololens works by blending virtual over reality, I just can't see how this is supposed to work for great games.
    Then you have no imagination my friend. How sad for you.
    01-24-2015 11:02 AM
    Just listened to "What the Tech" and they brought up an interesting use of hololens. TV. Watching TV then pausing the scene and walking around. Or, Football, walking around the stadium while the game is going on. I agree, limitless.
    danz14 and holonames like this.
    01-24-2015 11:10 AM
    Just a few simple but serious gaming ideas.

Board games like chest, monopoly, battleship, etc...
    Table top games like Warhammer, D&D, etc.
    Card games like Yu-gi-oh, Magic: The Gathering, etc.

Imagine would could be done with game like those using hololens. Simple but serious games that could be taken to a whole new level using this tech.
    01-24-2015 11:27 AM
    Just a few simple but serious gaming ideas.

Board games like chest, monopoly, battleship, etc...
    Table top games like Warhammer, D&D, etc.
    Card games like Yu-gi-oh, Magic: The Gathering, etc.

Imagine would could be done with game like those using hololens. Simple but serious games that could be taken to a whole new level using this tech.
    ​Those are definitely imaginable, but far from being serious games. ;) Just ask any gamer, what he considers a serious game. He will come up with things like Call of Duty, Forza and so on. Those you mentioned are possible, no doubt, but nevertheless exactly what I've been saying all the time: casual games.
    01-25-2015 03:30 AM
    ​Those are definitely imaginable, but far from being serious games. ;) Just ask any gamer, what he considers a serious game. He will come up with things like Call of Duty, Forza and so on. Those you mentioned are possible, no doubt, but nevertheless exactly what I've been saying all the time: casual games.
    Forza where you're literally seated in the car and can see the interior around you? Could work.
    SPS828 likes this.
    01-25-2015 03:34 AM
    Forza where you're literally seated in the car and can see the interior around you? Could work.
    Racing while seeing your living room? Doubt it.
    01-25-2015 03:37 AM
    I see you have a narrow view of what serious gaming is. Oh well. To each his own.
    01-25-2015 08:28 AM
    Boy you really don't have any imagination. Tell Mr. Serious Gamer. When you are sitting in your living sitting, lets say, 10ft from your, lets say, 47in HDTV playing Forza are you "racing while seeing your living room"? Or are you so focus to the game that everything around you is blotted out? Now Imagine playing Forza on a virtual monitor that's closer to your eyes and gives you a 180 degree view up/down left/right. Or you still "racing while seeing your living room"?
    TechFreak1, danz14 and SamJHannan like this.
    01-25-2015 08:38 AM
    I think it is quite difficult to estimate how holo lens can be used in console gaming AAA games because we dont know what it is capable to do. First thing coming to my mind is an advanced "illumiroom" experience.
    But since hololens is even able to make the WHOLE room around you look like you're on planet mars, including the ground and stars etc. and it is even capable to exclude real objects from the holographic scene BY CHOICE (like a tv screen or a table etc.), I think it should at least be pretty good at letting your living room disappear while gaming... maybe not at release though.
    Do you guys believe tho that microsoft has eliminated all the gaming problems that exist for this type of technology, like framerate, resolution, lag, ghosting etc. ? I mean the guys at occulus rift seem to have a lot of difficulties bringing their product to market. Of course it's not exactly the same thing, but quite similar I guess.
    Last edited by BirdBibo; 01-25-2015 at 09:05 AM.
    danz14 likes this.
    01-25-2015 08:54 AM
    I see you have a narrow view of what serious gaming is. Oh well. To each his own.
    ​I'm not a serious gamer anymore. I'm married and have 4 kids, so I lack the time to be one. ;) But I used to be when I was a whole lot younger. Anyways, I'm gonna be the first one who admits he was wrong, should Microsoft really deliver the necessary hardware and tools to make game studios enthusiastic about the device and deliver first class games for HoloLens. :)
    dbigwalker likes this.
    01-25-2015 01:59 PM
    One thing that I would like to see is that we can interact with the holograms. Hold,spin,kick... This would be awesome 😃
    01-26-2015 12:53 AM
    what if worked with the One where it would allow you tv to seem bigger allowing you to maybe see around corners or add effects around the room sort of like illumiroom
    01-26-2015 08:00 AM
    If it works as intended then it can only get better with age. Imagine if people designed games for it, my favorite kind of game is Horror games. I ask you to take a second and imagine my dream game for this.
    It literally turns your home into a horror game, we have already seen that it can tell where walls are and change them, imagine if it could re texture your wall to make it look different, like make it look old and run down, like an asylum or something. And I'm guessing it isn't hard to tell what is a doorway. Imagine if your walking through you hear a noise behind you and there is a monster coming at you. It would be a whole new level of horror genre. Even if you had to use special sensors placed in various points in the house it would still be work it.
    Also for those who are horror crazy like me I also came up with the idea of a Virtual Pet. You put it on and you suddenly have a little dog size pet dragon that you have to feed and take care of.
    danz14 and SPS828 like this.
    01-26-2015 12:02 PM
    If it works as intended then it can only get better with age. Imagine if people designed games for it, my favorite kind of game is Horror games. I ask you to take a second and imagine my dream game for this.
    It literally turns your home into a horror game, we have already seen that it can tell where walls are and change them, imagine if it could re texture your wall to make it look different, like make it look old and run down, like an asylum or something. And I'm guessing it isn't hard to tell what is a doorway. Imagine if your walking through you hear a noise behind you and there is a monster coming at you. It would be a whole new level of horror genre. Even if you had to use special sensors placed in various points in the house it would still be work it.
    Also for those who are horror crazy like me I also came up with the idea of a Virtual Pet. You put it on and you suddenly have a little dog size pet dragon that you have to feed and take care of.
    Love your horror game idea. I think it could totally be done. Also, If you watch closely the video MS did for HoloLens at the end when the guys sits to watch Netflix there is a virtual dog there next to him. So yeah, the virtual pet thing is doable.
    01-26-2015 12:59 PM
    Love your horror game idea. I think it could totally be done. Also, If you watch closely the video MS did for HoloLens at the end when the guys sits to watch Netflix there is a virtual dog there next to him. So yeah, the virtual pet thing is doable.
    I'm not so much for the virtual pet thingy, but damn, this idea of a horror game sounds great. And admittedly, totally doable. :)
    JamesDax likes this.
    01-27-2015 01:51 AM
    It's nice to see so many people excited. I haven't been this excited about a operating system since Kubuntu five years ago. If this works then I'm a Window 10 fan!😃
    01-27-2015 04:13 AM
    bwahahahaha, I can see in the news, MS being sued by thousands of people for being responsible for killing their luved ones playing horror games on the hololens by causing heart attacks or PTSD syndrome LOL
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    01-27-2015 11:31 PM
    Very exciting indeed. I signed up just to talk about the Hololens. On topic, as long as it allows a virtual screen any size we desire, it's amazing for gaming based on that alone. Everything else is gravy.

But,

Since it can turn your living room into Mars with a 7 foot rover in the center. I imagine it could easily be a game character, say Marcus Fenix, and instead of Mars be a game world. To be able to look left, right and behind you and notice that your physically sitting in a game world..

Mind blown.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    02-04-2015 07:41 PM
    Thankfully you aren't in charge at MSFT.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    02-05-2015 03:08 PM
    Would love it for GPS navi. Like jaguars it could show a virtual car in front of you showing where to turn, not solid of course but transparent as to not block view.
    02-05-2015 03:22 PM
    if they shrink it down to sunglasses' size it will definitely attract developers :P meanwhile we can have a sliding dark shade to make it full VR like the oculus for games, also this thing combined with Kinect would make for really powerful experiences, just imagine having this with the shade on for VR mode, standing in front of Kinect, and being held mid air inside a gyroscopic machine *,..,*
    02-08-2015 10:32 PM
26 12