Hololens price estimate

todd7900

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
At least, I can't imagine this thing running on at least an i5, probably a i7 processor and who knows what graphics set. This has to be in the range of a high end Surface. Those thinking $300-$500 are dreaming.

DanielJoseph7

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
At least, I can't imagine this thing running on at least an i5, probably a i7 processor and who knows what graphics set. This has to be in the range of a high end Surface. Those thinking $300-$500 are dreaming.

I know right?! If it was 500$ Microsoft would lose a crap load of money!

spydaweb

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
If they want to sell this to consumers it'll have to be closer to $500. I wouldn't be surprised if they sold this initially to Enterprise/Business customers at the higher price points, but honestly I wouldn't put it past Microsoft to lose money on this in order to get a leg up on Facebook and other VR/AR competitors.

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I think there will be at least 3 version of these- 1. consumer/gaming 2. Enterprise 3. Government

1. consumer - $300-500
2. Enterprise - $ 500-above
3. Government - $1000 above

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Quoting myself from another thread:

I think anyone who is thinking that this will be priced around $499 is looking for their hopes to be crushed, and then will blame Microsoft for the HoloLens being "too expensive". If it is under $1000, that would be awesome. But it's hard for me to see something like this being under a grand.

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
That's a little pricy. I believe it should be in the range of $500 - $1000. I know this is a first generation device and every first generation is expensive. But MS cannot make the same mistake Google made and that they made with the Xbox One. Trust me that is something that they are discussing right now. I believe the profit margin will be close to the minimum for the Hololens so it can be in more hands than warehouses inventories. I do not think Mr. Nadella will make the same errors Mr. Balmer made pricing wise.

DanielJoseph7

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
That's a little pricy. I believe it should be in the range of $500 - $1000. I know this is a first generation device and every first generation is expensive. But MS cannot make the same mistake Google made and that they made with the Xbox One. Trust me that is something that they are discussing right now. I believe the profit margin will be close to the minimum for the Hololens so it can be in more hands than warehouses inventories. I do not think Mr. Nadella will make the same errors Mr. Balmer made pricing wise.
Xbox One pricing wasn't a mistake, they still sold millions at 500$. Just because ps4 won sales by a small amount(yes, what was it 2 million, is a small amount). But I agree with the Google Glass being a flop. Somewhat. And does anyone know what the hardware in it is? You could probably come up with a price estimate through that.

DanielJoseph7

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
HoloLens is running on the unreleased Intel Atom Cherry Trail. My guess is a price of $600-$1000.

A top of the line Atom tablet with a big battery like Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 Pro costs $500 (13"), $370 (10").
A Kinect 2.0 sensor for PC costs $200.

That's why I would say the minimum price is at least $600.

Where things get tricky to figure out is what the HPU and holographic display cost.

Damn. Lol, nice. I'm totally fine with $500-$1000

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
HoloLens is running on the unreleased Intel Atom Cherry Trail. My guess is a price of $600-$1000.

A top of the line Atom tablet with a big battery like Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 Pro costs $500 (13"), $370 (10").
A Kinect 2.0 sensor for PC costs $200.

That's why I would say the minimum price is at least $600.

Where things get tricky to figure out is what the HPU and holographic display cost.

But that's with Bay Trail, not Cherry Trail. I know it's still an Atom chipset, but it brings a lot of new capabilities. Maybe that could drive the price up too. I really don't see the HoloLens being that affordable. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I think people are getting their hopes up

dbigwalker

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I think most people just want to get their hands on one at almost any costs. I would guess that the console will cost around 1500 and another 500-700 for the headset. It's a lot but I would still buy it.

Jon Johnson2

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
i would think that something using this type of technology would be in the 10,000 dollar range. But if they want to compete with google glass then 1500-2000 would be the way to do it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb