Just a reminder in case you have forgot. A few years ago, Microsoft had released a video called Microsoft Office Labs vision 2019. Please watch that again, tell me what you think.

jmshub, Joe920, danz14 and 3 others like this.
    01-24-2015 07:52 PM
    I think MS may be on to something. And Windows 10 and HoloLens are the first steps.
    01-24-2015 08:58 PM
    Very cool, all of this suddenly seems possible, with the caveat that you'd be wearing a giant ski mask.

I really like the notion of setting up virtual doors (or.. windows?) that could be 'always on' see through including audio, e.g. for collaboration, or e.g. for people stationed abroad to be able to spend some time with the family (wearing a giant ski mask). As somewhere said elsewhere, it's a great time for techies!
    02-08-2015 02:39 PM
    dogg-meme-generator-totally-blew-my-mind-17aed0.jpg

I saw this at work ages ago and reaction is still the same ^^.
    02-17-2015 11:57 AM
    Yea, saw this years, ago, just wish the tech was available for that type of hardware (esp, phone and coffee cup !).

Some of the stuff in the video is possible today but, the costs to make these devices would blow your mind. I will admit when that video came out, all this tech was not even available, now SOME of it is, a lot of it is possible.

It would be neat to have a lot of this but, I don't forsee all the tech in the video to become available in my life time.

Just think **IF** it was possible, just the newspaper, something that could do that, that is foldable like paper (I know there are bendable screens but, this is not close), and full touch screen in a news paper form. What is a news paper today $4-5 ? Something like that would cost $50-100k...

think about it.. Still very cool still to this day...
    02-18-2015 01:56 PM
    Yea, saw this years, ago, just wish the tech was available for that type of hardware (esp, phone and coffee cup !).

Some of the stuff in the video is possible today but, the costs to make these devices would blow your mind. I will admit when that video came out, all this tech was not even available, now SOME of it is, a lot of it is possible.

It would be neat to have a lot of this but, I don't forsee all the tech in the video to become available in my life time.

Just think **IF** it was possible, just the newspaper, something that could do that, that is foldable like paper (I know there are bendable screens but, this is not close), and full touch screen in a news paper form. What is a news paper today $4-5 ? Something like that would cost $50-100k...

think about it.. Still very cool still to this day...

With Hololens and a blank paper that newspaper could be done fairly easily, would be a great compromise for people who like the physical paper.
    Joe920 likes this.
    02-18-2015 02:24 PM
    What struck me while watching this is that Apple don't do this kind of thing. Apple's vision of the future is all about bigger piles of money in their bank account. While companies like Microsoft at least seem to have a vision of our future, Apple are focussed on the next cash cow that can take their bloated share price into the future. Microsoft need to use more of these kinds of videos in their presentations because it's the kind of vision that could easily take the initiative away from Apple.

From now on, when anyone asks me why I don't like Apple, which happens all the time, I'm going to link them to this video and then ask them what Apple's vision for the future is.
    03-14-2015 07:47 PM
    MS will still dominate the business world - makes sense.

I think things will be way more personalized with unified systems. That cardphone was interesting. Along with everything potentially being a screen.

Blackberry had a screen projected keyboard in beta years ago.

I know at work we want to be able to project what is on a phone/tablet on to a wall....

Cool vid!

Keep dreaming!

And the NSA is going to know what you are going to do, before you do it, and arrest you yesterday.
    03-14-2015 08:50 PM
    Hmmm.... I saw a bit of the Surface Hub, Hololens, and Universal Apps. Nice to see a long term vision being worked out...
    03-14-2015 08:58 PM
    That cardphone was interesting.
    I thought that was by far the coolest part, especially the way he split it in half to talk to someone. And it seems doable with Bluetooth, we just need to get the devices small enough.
    I know at work we want to be able to project what is on a phone/tablet on to a wall....
    Lenovo have a Yoga 2 tablet, running Android, with a built-in projector.
    03-15-2015 10:03 PM