How is hololens different from google glass?

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Comparing Glass to Hololense is like comparing a flip phone to a smart phone (glass is the flip phone). They can both make phone calls, but the smart phone is so much more.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
It's a personal device, like Google Glass, but I wouldn't be surprised if multiple users will be able to interact with each other and the 'holographic' world with certain programs.

It's still early days.

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
It's same with the glass if you are asking about the viewpoint. The main difference is glass projects on the air I mean where you look hololens can detect the walls, ground and ceiling and use them to pin stuff or project on, so when you turn your back to a hologram it's still there but out of your sight you can still hear it and make it do some actions...

VARUNGUPTA16061992

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Ok..but what I wanna know... Only one who wears it can c holograms .. Or everyone... This could b selling point over google glass where only wearer can c it ...

A projection feature would b great! It can b killer feature out of all ;)

again interactions can b another good thing... I.e anyone there can Interact...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Ok..but what I wanna know... Only one who wears it can c holograms .. Or everyone... This could b selling point over google glass where only wearer can c it ...

A projection feature would b great! It can b killer feature out of all ;)

again interactions can b another good thing... I.e anyone there can Interact...

This isn't Star Trek. Another person cannot see the hologram unless they too have glasses on. As I stated, it's a personal device but I expect there to be programs where others will be able to interact but will still need their own Hololens kit.

At this point in time what you're suggesting isn't possible.

As another poster pointed out, there is no comparison between Hololens and Google Glass. It's a completely different machine.

Ekmeet Singh

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I think as they have shown in the build if two or more people have Hololense in a room they might be able to connect with each others Hololense and can at least see each other's holograms not sure if we can interact with each other's holograms.... But I think that is what they are planning as they have demonstrated in the build.

VARUNGUPTA16061992

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Great... If v need hololens to c ... Its still a deal breaker!! ND indeed different from google glass! Where glass is just a smartphone companion... Where hololens is computer on ur head.... Thanks all for your inputs!

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Google glass really has very little relation to Hololens. Despite the advertisements, Glass doesn't have any holographic capabilities, it's just a little screen next to your eye. It's closest competitor is the smartwatch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs