HP Mixed Reality Headset Setup App is now available but hidden in the store.

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...setup%2F9mz3hjfvgxgj%3Frtc%3D1&token=D8mC4U-y

Probably for testing. The app requires you to plug in your HP Mixed Reality Headset to a USB 3.0 port before you can continue. I guess they're almost ready for primetime then! I'm excited :wink:

A funny thing though, the app is also available for windows 10 mobile. x64 windows 10 mobile phones to be exact, of which there are none available in the market! All windows 10 mobile handsets to date are x86. And since the app requires the HP headset to be attached to continue, does this mean that the hypothetical future x64 windows 10 mobile devices on which this app can install will also support HP mixed reality headsets?

I'm pretty sure at this point that it's a NO but I can dream can't I?

Could it be? Does it mean? and if so then... Ancient Alien Theorists Say Yes! LOL :winktongue:

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
it could be a couple different things. Windows 10 full is being ported to ARM64, with x32 backwards compatibility. maybe it's that?

The HP Elite x3 has a 64-bit CPU, but i don't think itm supports USB 3.0

A new handset is possible, but I think Microsoft is waiting until they make more progreess on their great unification project.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans