https://www.techradar.com/news/snapd...ms-new-headset

If Microsoft is porting full Windows 10 to ARM, then it makes sense to me. I think all Hololens apps are by default UWP so they can be recompiled for ARM in an instant.
    02-21-2018 12:58 PM
    Those are valid thoughts, especially given Intel giving up on the low power processors. They have Core m or ARM as options. I think you get more bang for the watt on ARM.

Windows 10 on
    ARM
    :

IOT, Connected PCs, likely a new portable device and possibly a new HoloLens?
    02-21-2018 01:33 PM
    AMD has an ARM processor for enterprise use; I suspect that they are keeping an eye on the Qualcomm 2-in-1s and might launch an ARM/Vega CPU if they think it will sell.

A new Tegra might be in the works too.
    02-21-2018 01:38 PM
    There is no doubt in my mind that the next version of HoloLens will house an ARM chip. They cancelled the V2 of HoloLens last year and pushed the next revision to 2019. In some ways it makes sense as they announced Windows on ARM a few months later. An always connected headset with C-Shell solves a lot of problems the first version has.

I had the opportunity to try out a HoloLens for the first time today, it was a very cool experience.
    03-30-2018 08:12 AM