User Reviews of the Lumia 435

glovenc

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: My Review of the Lumia 435

Appreciate the videos. Have you used the Lumia 530 by any chance? I have the 530 and the screen quality is awful. My main concern with the 435 is that the display quality is about the same as the 530. From what I'm gathering, the 435 is definitely better, however.

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site

Appreciate the videos. Have you used the Lumia 530 by any chance? I have the 530 and the screen quality is awful. My main concern with the 435 is that the display quality is about the same as the 530. From what I'm gathering, the 435 is definitely better, however.

No I havent. The low end phone I would keep my Eye on is the 640. Its really nice. Liked Everything about it.
The Pictures I took with it looks nice as well.

MRay620

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the review mate. I got a lumia 435 for myself as a back up phone but the navigation keys (start, search and back) don't light up. Is it the same with all the lumia 435s or is it that my device is faulty? can you please confirm what's the case with the keys on your phone, thanks.

ArtificiallyYours

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site

I have this phone and so far this is turning out to be a pretty good buy. The phone is appropriately chunky and for whatever reason, visually derivative to the Nokia X platform handsets.

This is technically my first Lumia ever, as I've used much older devices (Slider QWERTY, 3GS), the Galaxy S3, and the like before owning Smart Devices. I would have gotten the 520 but I wanted a phone with convincing edges (though I love its aesthetic and touch). The corners sort of dig in all the same, but all in all I wanted a cheap cheap phone with the most ready access to Windows 10 Mobile Core/Internet-of-Things edition. Plus, white rectangles look good. The carrier Wal Mart/T-Mobile subsidy made me wait through four major updates including the critical boot defect fix. All in all, aside from my spotty internet, the battery life works like a charm after three and a half charges, the last one after acclimating to Internet Explorer Mobile. For whatever reason the Wi Fi calling app in box was a glitchy mess, none of the updates fixed it but I have a free text messaging service, and speaking of which the keyboard is better than iOS and Android Keyboards. It reminds me of the Zune HD Keyboard but actually usable, if Microsoft released a QWERTY variant of the 435 I'd be eternally grateful though.

Nice machine, very smooth, excellent battery and light on looks and resources. Overall good construction and heft to feel premium.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
@MRay620 : That's just how it is on the 4" Lumias, the 520/521 are the same way.

Anyway, it's been 3 days since I have been using the 435. I got it as a replacement phone since my main Lumia is being sent in for service. I was considering the 521 or 530, but this has more RAM. I'll also admit that I have been curious about trying out the 435 or 532 anyway (because of the size, has green cover available, 1 GB RAM) That aside, I'll get into my review.

I first found myself comparing it to what the 640 didn't have (that's my main Lumia), and then I realized that I needed to take a step back to see it the way it is in its own right. The corners are an adjustment to me, but that's not a good or bad thing, just something new. I'm used to the slightly curved corners of the Lumias I have/had. The 1 GB RAM is great. Even though this is a low end device, I can actually have all of my apps on the phone memory without it slowing down. Whoa! I'm guilty of having a book open, sometimes two books in two different apps, various windows in Internet Explorer, etc in the background. That aside, some of my apps are being weird with the touch. Not sure if it is the apps fault, or the phone, but I didn't have this issue with my other Lumia.

The camera in the back isn't too bad really, for 2 MP. With the right light, it is adequate for a point and shooter. As for the front, as Richard Devine said in his review here, it's there. It's better to have something over nothing. However, in low light situations, it isn't complete trash but I did not get this phone for the camera. Got it because it was $40, even cheaper than my first Lumia was (the 521). I really like the size though, it's cute and reminds me of the small phone factor that I missed.

I am not a gamer, I play games like Word Twist, and Threes!. Nothing graphic intensive. However, the display has a thing that it looks kind of washed out if it's laying flat on a surface or at angles. Straight on, it looks alright, but that just takes some getting used to. At the same time, it's a low end phone, so that's not a justified issue, considering the price point. I ordered a green cover because of my desire for a green Lumia.

The day I changed over phones, I got a call that ended up going on for hours. The call quality was good, even though it wasn't VoLTE. I was able to hear what was being said and they were able to hear me. The data speeds are fine. I haven't tested this out in the wild much, but the volume is good in and out of a call. In said long call, the battery really didn't drain much at all, it's pretty good on battery. I haven't bothered with a YouTube video yet, because I'm not expecting much on that end but I should give it a try just because. Maybe I will and I'll edit this post again. Finally, the buttons have great vibration feedback when you are using them and holding them.

If you have read this long review, I would say that it's a nice device for the price point. If someone told me that I can get a new phone paid in full for $39.88 that is decent and does the job, I wouldn't have believed them. I think it's worth a whirl. When it comes to this phone or the 520/521 or the 530, I would say that if you care about the camera, go for the 520 series. If you want a general faster, smoother experience, I would say go with the 435.

This post is long enough but my final edit is to say that if I had a choice, I would probably go with the 532, because the camera is better. I can possibly see myself returning this at some point and then buying that, since it's slightly better. However, I really do appreciate it for what it is.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos