Best way to get this in the US

ikissfutebol

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking for a sub $100 unlocked phone with an SD slot and 1 gig of RAM. The purpose is to use for a few months when we go from Verizon to ATT. I don't use much data outside of web browsing, facebook, and Trivia Crack...streaming would be done on WiFi (so LTE is a smaller concern).

I've seen this on amazon for $100. Should this work on ATT?

Related question- with 1 gig, but a sub-HD screen, would there be any restrictions on app usage? I would love to get the Windows 10 version of the 735...addicted to wireless charging. Here's to hoping Microsoft releases a full array of devices at launch and not just super high and super low end!!

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I assume you're talking about the 435 since you're in this group. Will work on AT&T but likely 3.5G which is fine for regular use.

Snapdragon 200 CPU is likely worst part but will run Trivia Crack fine, just not high graphics games. Facebook, fine. Web perhaps a little slow but generally ok.

L525 is worth $25 more on Amazon.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking for a sub $100 unlocked phone with an SD slot and 1 gig of RAM. The purpose is to use for a few months when we go from Verizon to ATT. I don't use much data outside of web browsing, facebook, and Trivia Crack...streaming would be done on WiFi (so LTE is a smaller concern).

I've seen this on amazon for $100. Should this work on ATT?

Related question- with 1 gig, but a sub-HD screen, would there be any restrictions on app usage? I would love to get the Windows 10 version of the 735...addicted to wireless charging. Here's to hoping Microsoft releases a full array of devices at launch and not just super high and super low end!!

I highly recommend you get a different device like the Lumia 820 ($50 locked, used, but I believe AT&T's locking policy has become a lot more lenient lately - it's VZW cousin the 822 is worth a bit more but tied to VZW for updates and unlocked by default) or another US device like an unlocked 635 as those are otherwise superior in practically all other regards.

Screen resolution generally isn't an issue other than the obvious not-being-as-sharp.

ikissfutebol

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure I like the idea of a used device. While obviously less expensive, my not quite two year old 928 has seen a pretty big fall off in battery life.I thought the 525 had only 512 RAM. I'm not sure how many games I play require 1 gig, but I'd rather not find out.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure I like the idea of a used device. While obviously less expensive, my not quite two year old 928 has seen a pretty big fall off in battery life.I thought the 525 had only 512 RAM. I'm not sure how many games I play require 1 gig, but I'd rather not find out.

FWIW, you can replace the battery easily in the 82x's.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa