LCD gets whithish when I push the screen

d_abbatelli

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello

I have bought a 435 Dual SIM few days ago to replace my 620.

I am quite satisfied with it, but I do have a problem who makes me think whether or not I should send it back...

Basically, I see a whitish halo around the center of the screen when I touch it.

It is the same thing that happens when you push slightly an LCD screen not made to be touch screen, as the one of normal laptops and PC: when you push, you can see a whitish "halo" propagating from the area you are pushing.

Well, I can see the same thing, but on the screen of my 435. My guess is that the glass the protects the LCD somehow flexes and touches the actual LCD panel, causing the halo.

Obviously, this is quite annoying, and I'm afraid it could lead to problems in the future: unlike common laptops, the screen of my 435 is made to be repeatedly touched...

Does your phone do the same thing or I should send it back and ask for replacement?

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Your 620 has a higher end IPS display with ClearBlack technology (for better blacks and higher contrast), while the 435 uses a lower end transmissive LCD screen that's just like the laptop screen you describe. With that being said, it's not a flaw in the phone... That's just how transmissive LCDs are. You moved 2 phone series down (6xx to 4xx), cheaper phone means cheaper hardware.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Try not to apply too much pressure on the screen. You just need to touch/tap it anyway, not really press hard on it.:cool:

There is no defect... at least not yet. Repetitive application of excess pressure on any surface will cause it to break eventually.

d_abbatelli

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
So, it seems normal...

Actually, the severity of the things seems to be changing: yesterday evening, even a slight touch in the bottom part of the phone leaded to a halo in the middle of it. Today, I actually need to push in the center to see the halo, while the problem doesn't show with normal touches.

I guess I'll live with it...

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
A "slight" touch should not cause that halo to appear... but aside from screen deformation due to pressure, there seems to be no other cause for the appearance of the halo. You could try having others swipe and navigate through your phone, and observe if the halo also appears under their fingers. It could be that what is slight for you might not be slight for others.:angel:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss