How to answer incoming call on the Lumia 435?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

How to answer incoming call on lumia 435

This may be a silly kind of question but my wife just got her smart phone and hasn't
been able to answer a call yet, and so just calls the caller back. There is a lock screen
on the phone that only provides the time and nothing regarding the incoming call. I'm
not in to all this tech stuff and neither is my wife, but somehow I'm always elected to
figure out some high tech wutchamacallit. That's where you folks come in, haha. So
basically what are the steps in answering a call right through to saying " not interested"
and hanging up. Thanks.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to answer incoming call on lumia 435

Assuming a properly functioning phone that is not in use at the time of the call:

When the phone rings, a screen should appear showing the number and/or caller ID. It's going to be bouncing a bit. Slide up on that screen, as the instructions on the bottom bar indicate.

You will be greeted with three buttons.
- Accept
- Decline
- Reply with text (may be worded differently)

Press the accept button, the call has been answered.

Raise the phone up to your ear (the display will turn off as long as the face of the device is up against your ear) and tell the other end "NOT INTERESTED"

Lower the phone, (the display should light back up) and press the End Call button. It's a different color from the rest. (matching the phone's accent color)

The call has now been ended.

If you want to do things like punch in numbers or put the phone on speakerphone, you may press the respective buttons while on a call.

If the phone is already in use when the call arrives, there will be no swipe up option, and the three buttons will be present from the get go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky