The 530 will be a MASSIVE flop, what are you thinking MS???? Only 512 MB RAM!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Or people like me who are experienced smartphone users with lots of disposable income, but are too cheap to spend more on a phone than the cost of their tablet or laptop. I refuse to spend more on a cellphone than the cost of one of those devices. It's a matter of principle. TO each his own, I guess. I'm loving my Nokia Lumia 635 :)

Thank you!

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
It is a low end phone. Low end phones have rubbish specs and a low price so people can buy it and microsoft can make a profit. The Moto G and Moto E are Low end phones with high specs but they are sold at a lost. Microsoft are making money with each sale. And everyone knows Windows Phone runs well with 512mb ram. If you are so angry about the 530 being such a low specced phone then just get a high end phone that has at least 1gb ram. 820 and 1520 have an sd card as well so you don't have to complain about the lack of expandable storage. You could even wait for a 730 or something like that but I know that in the UK it would probably cost more than the moto G 4G but that's because moto are selling the phones at a loss. I repeat... at a LOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

itzkavin

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Moto E has high end specs? It has 1 GB RAM just because Android Kit Kat need a minimum 1GB to run.. Win Phone is a charm even in 512

anon(5872827)

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
yeah yeah , L520 was a MASSIVE flop too
it is a cheap , affordable device that aims to replace the Asha line

don't ask for premium features in cheap devices

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Moto E has high end specs? It has 1 GB RAM just because Android Kit Kat need a minimum 1GB to run.. Win Phone is a charm even in 512

Emmm... quick answer 'yes'... BUT!, 8.1 is making my 920 feel considerably slower than WP8, IDK how this can still apply for low-end devices running 8.1 after installing like 30 or 40 apps and full memory.

ULOP3Z

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
It is a low end phone. Low end phones have rubbish specs and a low price so people can buy it and microsoft can make a profit. The Moto G and Moto E are Low end phones with high specs but they are sold at a lost. Microsoft are making money with each sale. And everyone knows Windows Phone runs well with 512mb ram. If you are so angry about the 530 being such a low specced phone then just get a high end phone that has at least 1gb ram. 820 and 1520 have an sd card as well so you don't have to complain about the lack of expandable storage. You could even wait for a 730 or something like that but I know that in the UK it would probably cost more than the moto G 4G but that's because moto are selling the phones at a loss. I repeat... at a LOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

That fact that those high end phones like the 1520 aren't available on every carrier really makes it's hard for people to get their hands on them, plus all we do is wait and when we finally get a new device its a low end phone, you have to understand when people wait for good new phones and all they get is this, it really makes them tired of waiting, Nokia & Microsoft don't seem to realize the competition there up against

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Emmm... quick answer 'yes'... BUT!, 8.1 is making my 920 feel considerably slower than WP8, IDK how this can still apply for low-end devices running 8.1 after installing like 30 or 40 apps and full memory.
Try hard resetting. That always makes the phone faster after. Don't worry your start screen and apps will automatically be restored. Just not some of your game data.

MarCou

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
It is a low end phone. Low end phones have rubbish specs and a low price so people can buy it and microsoft can make a profit. The Moto G and Moto E are Low end phones with high specs but they are sold at a lost. Microsoft are making money with each sale. ... moto G 4G but that's because moto are selling the phones at a loss. I repeat... at a LOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

So, is there some rational reason, why I should care some companys profit? Isn?t it so, if company sell something at loss, they kind of pay me for that I take their product? They give me something that is more valuable than money I pay. So is there any reason, why I should?t use this advantage?

Its kind of weird way to think, if you are not shareholder of MS. Or do you think that those who get most of that profit, are poor and hungry and need to be helped?

itzkavin

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site

Guess you are on the DP.. I have been using my 520 heavily loaded and no probs i have ever faced.. My free memory would never cross 400 MB mark and at times it dipped to a single digit..

Deaconclgi

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I can play Crysis 3 on my iPhone 3GS.

Oh that's nothing! I can play Crysis 3 on my stone tablet at 1 chisel a second with a ridiculously clear Real Life display!!!! It is amazing, accurate colors, perfect viewing angles and looks great in all sunlight conditions, perfect for Crysis on the go! The tablet has infinite battery life as well plus the tablet stays cool to the touch due to not overheating during usage and prolonged Crysis gameplay. Only downside is that the tablet is heavy...

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
How could anyone not realize the OP is just breaking balls? lol

didnt-read-lol-gif-5.gif

trwrt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The funniest part about this is that "Oh this phone is for poor people who are too dumb to know the difference" keeps going unchallenged. I'm sure pretty much anybody can notice that some of the specs have actually gone backwards from the phone that was its predecessor, and not many are any better. When does that ever happen? Just buy a 520 for even less money since it's now old and heavily discounted.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
It won't be a flop. If you don't want a phone with 512 MB of ram, don't buy it. My mother in law isn't a gamer or a Facebook user either. She might look up some stuff on the net, redo her prescriptions at Wal-Greens and basic stuff like that and 512 is MORE than adequate for her and thousand of others. You size junkies need to get off this idea that everyone needs a Lexus. They don't.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
It won't be a flop. If you don't want a phone with 512 MB of ram, don't buy it. My mother in law isn't a gamer or a Facebook user either. She might look up some stuff on the net, redo her prescriptions at Wal-Greens and basic stuff like that and 512 is MORE than adequate for her and thousand of others. You size junkies need to get off this idea that everyone needs a Lexus. They don't.

+1 for the thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster