Lumia 530 Bugs and factory defects

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Did you just find a new bug/defect in your Lumia 530? If so, post in this thread.

Below is an overview of some of the terminology you may come across:

[NOTE]Soft Reset: By pressing down the Volume Down + Power buttons for 10-15 seconds (or until the device vibrates) you can perform a soft reset on your device. This is a little bit like a factory reset for your phone's OS only you get to keep all of your personal data. Think of it like restarting your PC. This is the first thing you should try if your device is behaving oddly.

Hard Reset: By going to settings>about>reset your phone you can completely wipe your phone of your personal data (ideal if you're going to send in your phone for repair or sell it). Your phone will turn off and you'll see spinning gears for a while (up to an hour or so) and when it's done you will see the same screens you saw when you first turned on your phone out of the box. You'll have to sign in with your Microsoft account again and start over.

How to make your Lumia's batter last longer: See the thread over at the Nokia Discussion Forum here.

How to reset your device's camera: Go to settings>applications>photos+camera>reset.[/NOTE]

Remember to keep your posts as descriptive as possible so that we can try to help you fix your issue as quickly as possible!

Sammy B1

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello. The colours on the 530 seem very dull in comparison to the 520. If I set a crimson theme on both devices, the 530 looks more pinkish than crimson. Also, the colors are seemingly changing when I tilt the device. Is this a known issue?

Mandar Sherbet

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I purchased a Lumia 530 2-3 days back. It's not detecting my 16GB microSD card. I even tried the card in another phone, where it is detected. I even formatted the card & reinserted it in the Lumia. But nothing. It still says SD card Not found. Is there anything I can do other than taking it to the service centre?

Kalash71

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
The viewing angle seems to be off, if I turn the device to the right I can turn it pretty much the full 90 degrees before the colors start to washout/invert. But if I turn it to the left the colors begin to wash out/invert almost as soon as I get it off center (about 5 degrees). Is this a defect? I bought the T-Mobile version if that matters.

windows94

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
The viewing angle seems to be off, if I turn the device to the right I can turn it pretty much the full 90 degrees before the colors start to washout/invert. But if I turn it to the left the colors begin to wash out/invert almost as soon as I get it off center (about 5 degrees). Is this a defect? I bought the T-Mobile version if that matters.

That's normal. It's a TN screen. Mine did that too... Before I returned it and bought a 520 for my backup.

martyn30162

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I purchased a Lumia 530 2-3 days back. It's not detecting my 16GB microSD card. I even tried the card in another phone, where it is detected. I even formatted the card & reinserted it in the Lumia. But nothing. It still says SD card Not found. Is there anything I can do other than taking it to the service centre?

Catalin Briceag

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I got the 530 too. The "odd" viewing angles are made for that when you play a game or watch a video in landscape mode, the displays colors won't go crazy. At least that's what I'm thinking.

Last edited:

kevin bishop3

May 10, 2015
Visit site
yes there is a solution to your problem. I have the 530 and bought a 64gb micro sd card and i have found out that you have to push the micro sd card in till you cant push no more. i mean don't shove it in there but when you push it you have to take your finger nail and push the card in there till it makes a light clicky sound.

javgarcia

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
My Nokia Lumia 530 Dual Sim reboot when the screen get locked.
I don't know why is this and what can I do. Anyone has any idea?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3