Applications not running on the class 10 micro SD card?

shashwatPanda

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
my phone- lumia 530. with only 4 gb of internal space, the ability to store/move apps to SD is vital . Sadly, that doesn't happen in my case -- direct downloads to the card, moving apps to sd--NOTHING WORKS! :(

Sd card plays music and videos comfortably though

I am unable to try new apps (particularly with only 700-odd MB left). Please advise

my card details : SanDisk MicroSD Card 16 GB Class 10 Ultra
:cry::cry::cry:

Oris

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if there's something wrong with your sd Card...But have you tried to download xap file(apps+games) from your pc/laptop and transfer the files to sd Card?

You might want to try this to Save your phone storage Space.

shashwatPanda

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the advice Oris! but i will admit-- i am a bit of a newbie in the windows phone environment, and couldn't exactly understand how to do this -- " download xap file(apps+games) from your pc/laptop ", like, access Windows store on the desktop and then transfer some core files? .. please help here..

Oris

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice Oris! but i will admit-- i am a bit of a newbie in the windows phone environment, and couldn't exactly understand how to do this -- " download xap file(apps+games) from your pc/laptop ", like, access Windows store on the desktop and then transfer some core files? .. please help here..

Yes! Here are the steps:

1. Go to windowsphone.com

2. Search any apps you want and download the apps. There will be xap files saved to your laptop/pc.

3. Then connect your phone to your laptop.

4. Transfer the xap files to the sd Card using your laptop/pc.

5. Unplug your phone from the laptop/pc.

6. Open Windows phone store app in your phone.

7. Tap on triple dots and choose install local apps. Wait for few minutes for the apps to appear.

8. If the apps did not show up, try to restart your phone and redo step 6,7 and 8.

Hope this help. :)

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Just use Storage Sense and and set where you want new apps stored.

Also download Lumia Storage Check from the store, I think it will allow you to move the apps.
I'm not 100% on the last bit as my 930 doesn't have an SD like my 630 did.

shashwatPanda

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
HI Eusty,

That is exactly why i got confused in the 1st place-- i used the storage sense and set "sd card" as the default for storing apps, music,downloads,etc. Everything else is ok EXCEPT for the apps--they neither download directly to the card from the store nor do they run at all after being transferred from the phone memory ( i have tried both these options quite a few times now)

shashwatPanda

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi Oris, update : i did exactly as you had advised, but the problem persists-- step 7 specifically, and the error code i get is : 807001f :(

Oris

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi Oris, update : i did exactly as you had advised, but the problem persists-- step 7 specifically, and the error code i get is : 807001f :(

If those steps didn't work, then I think you should consider formatting your sd Card. If the problem still there after formatting your sd card, you may need to hard reset your phone. Maybe there's a problem with the OS. If hard reset still does not solve this problem, then there's something wrong with your sd Card.

My brother bought 16gb sandisk class 10 sd Card too and he's using Lumia 530, but there are no problems at all when installing apps in sd Card. If you have faulty sd Card, you should ask for replacement. I believe it has lifetime warranty if i'm not mistaken.

shashwatPanda

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
yep, i was thinking the same -- my hunch is, its the card ( hunch is even more strengthened by the fact that i have formatted the card twice and still nothing improved).. let me try some other cards with this and then maybe i can be more sure..

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Make sure you are formating the card as Fat/16/32. Not the Win 8 format. Fat will work with everything and is why most cards come formated that way. If you formated the card not using Fat/16/32 it will not work very well if at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss