Where is the txt file on my SD card?

banger696

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Import contacts from text file.

Is there a way to get the contents of my old SIM which I have saved to csv text file into my windows nokia 530. The sim is too big to fit my new phone and trasnfer my data cant find the txt file on my SD card?

Tim

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Import contacts from text file.

Is there a way to get the contents of my old SIM which I have saved to csv text file into my windows nokia 530. The sim is too big to fit my new phone and trasnfer my data cant find the txt file on my SD card?

Tim

Have you tried the transfer app, I can't remember the name of it but I used it to transfer the contacts from my mum's old Android device to her Lumia 630.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Hi Tim,

Go to outlook.com and sign into the Microsoft account associated to your Windows Phone. From the inbox view of Outlook, click on the button to the left of Outlook, and choose People from the pop out menu. This will show you all of your contacts in your Microsoft account. At the top of the screen, there is an Import Contacts section. Click the start import button, and you will be able to import your CSV file into your Microsoft account, and they will sync automatically to your Lumia.

banger696

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

Hi Tim,

Go to outlook.com and sign into the Microsoft account associated to your Windows Phone. From the inbox view of Outlook, click on the button to the left of Outlook, and choose People from the pop out menu. This will show you all of your contacts in your Microsoft account. At the top of the screen, there is an Import Contacts section. Click the start import button, and you will be able to import your CSV file into your Microsoft account, and they will sync automatically to your Lumia.

Tried that, Outlook didnt like my csv file so I downloaded a csv to vcf file converter and saved my contacts from the phone to SD card. It ends up in a backup folder in the SD card, so replaced the old contacts.vcf with my converted vcf file renaming as I went and from the Transfer App I was able to import the contacts from the old phone/file and merge into the People app, Phew!
Tim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills