How do I disable 2nd SIM features on my Lumia 530 Dual SIM?

Jindra

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Disable 2nd SIM features on Lumia 530 Dual SIM

Hi there,
I want to ask for help. I bought Lumia 530 Dual SIM because of very low price and I am glad I did it, phone works well and so on, but there is a thing: Phone supports two SIMs and that means that some features are doubled and marked with 1 and 2. I want to use the phone in one sim mode, but everywhere I can see is that SIM 2 is not present. Is there any way to completely disable features for second sim? From my previous Windows Phone phone - when there is 1 on live tile for calls, that means one missed call. On this phone it means The first SIM. Because 2nd SIM is not present, I cannot make any settings for it. I really want to get rid of this, can you help me please?
Thank you in advance.

J.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
You cannot disable the second SIM but you can always combined them into one. Or disable the status for the second SIM.

Refer to the following link for more details.

Jindra

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok, thank you for reply. I learned how to merge live tiles for recent call list and messaging. Works well. And what do you mean by "disable the status for the second SIM"? It seems like there is an ability to switch off icon of missing sim 2, is that right? if so, in link you provided I did not find the answer. There is no options for sim which is not present (greyed out).
Thanks.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Disable 2nd SIM features on Lumia 530 Dual SIM

Well i just saw that in the video, I'm not sure how it actually works

ashishmohta

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
In Windows Phone 8.1. Go to Settings > Mobile + SIM > Scroll to Find SIM1 and SIM2 Settings. Select the one which You want to disable. Next Screen you have a toggle for SIM Status. Turn it off.

However, This does not remove it from the merged or linked Phone Tiles. Also it will still appear on top of notification bar as disabled.

The max you can do now is Unlink the phone tiles( Phone App > Menu > Unlink Tiles) and remove it from the start screen. Same goes for the messaging app as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb