Hey guys,

My mom got the 530 for Christmas but it looks like it might be a lemon
    We setup everything (Transfer my data) and she is happy with the phone, but it randomly restarts by itself at random times.
    The phone would be fine for a couple of hours and then restarts, or she will be phoning somebody and the phone just shuts down.
    I can't see a pattern to the restarts.

Going to try a hard reset today and restore contact from backup, but soft reset didn't help.
    Also not sure if it may have the loose battery problem from the 520 so will test that also today.
    We are from South Africa so the firmware looks like it has a custom Vodacom firmware.

If nothing works we will be taking it Nokia to get replaced, but any ideas or suggestion would be appreciated.
    01-01-2015 02:02 AM
    Ok, tried hard reset and redid everything but still getting the random reboots.
    Mom also told me that the sound would cut out so she can't hear when someone phones or msgs comes in. Phone would not restart, but she needed to restart the phone before any sound would return.
    Going to take it back tomorrow or Saturday.
    01-01-2015 10:48 AM
    check your battery connections try putting a piece of paper in between cover and battery,also second try an reinstall the OS with nokia siftware recovery tool if you can,if you cant then take it to nokia care theywill do it.I am using the same phone butno problems,apart from an average display the phone works fine with around 30 apps installed and calls
    01-01-2015 11:46 AM
    check your battery connections try putting a piece of paper in between cover and battery,also second try an reinstall the OS with nokia siftware recovery tool if you can,if you cant then take it to nokia care theywill do it.I am using the same phone butno problems,apart from an average display the phone works fine with around 30 apps installed and calls
    Uhhh... Don't do that. Return it asap.
    01-01-2015 11:54 AM
    I have the same problem
    07-31-2015 04:58 PM