Why is my screen flickering?

RoryOswinOswald

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I have the lumia 530 OS 8.1. I have had it since January and have never had any problems with until today. I was at the park with my kids and it sat on the picnic in the sun a couple of hours and we came home. Now the screen keeps flickering on the bottom and then the whole thing grays over. I can see a little bit through the grays but not much. I tried turning it off and on, I removed the battery and nothing works. Any help will be appreciated and I'll be your best friend.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure whats up. Perhaps direct sunlight fiddled with something inside.

From your description I imagine its a combination of bad luck and heat messing with something. I'd contact MS support. (since I don't want to suggest replacing the display since it could be a connection, etc)

banger696

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I had a flickering screen while reading a post on this website in this forum using IE, it seemed to happen as I scrolled over an advert. Couldnt see what particular advert as it was flickering too bad.

Harun Senol

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
i have same problem when watching stuff in youtube then i restar the phone and its repeared then when i start to watch videos again
The phone is Nokia lumia 820 with preview for dev 8.1 with last update

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon