How do I format an SD card that won't format anywhere?

Whitehawk BEN

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 530 Dual SIM, my SD card is an ADVANCE MEDIA 16GB MICRO SD HC CLASS 10. I have no idea what its problem is... every time I restart my phone, it says "Scan SD card and fix errors"... so i tap yes and it scans... after the scan all apps installed on it start showing. Next time I restart my phone it does the same thing!! So I decided to move all my apps to my phone memory and format the card on my laptop... THE CARD WON'T FORMAT!!!... I've tried everything! Even formatting on my phone it won't. On moving my phone apps back to SD card, SOME DON'T WORK!! I decided to try something else, I put the SD card in my friend's Huawei Android phone and formatted it... IT COULDN'T FORMAT... I put it back in my phone and tried deleting stuff manually... THEY MAGICALLY CAME BACK THE NEXT DAY!!... Yesterday I moved some videos from my phone to the SD card to save some space, They COULDN'T play after that!!! Although videos and music previously on the card still play... Could someone please help me with this problem? (FYI: I don't want to buy another SD card) Thanks in advance.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I've found that sometimes a camera will format an SD card when nothing else will. That said, even if it works, it could be a sign that the card is defective or failing.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
^^ as above. Or any non-smartphone like an old Nokia or Samsung device should be able to perform low level formatting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3