Memory Problem with Lumia 530

Daniel Gandolfo

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I own a Lumia 530. The Phone memory appears to be full.

I have deleted all I can using storage sense (deleted or moved to SIM card) and it appears that there is 1GB with cannot be touched with storage sense and it appears to be this which is filling the memory.

Also, I have attached the 530 to a PC and there are no files which I can move or delete.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nevica

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I own a Lumia 530. The Phone memory appears to be full.

I have deleted all I can using storage sense (deleted or moved to SIM card) and it appears that there is 1GB with cannot be touched with storage sense and it appears to be this which is filling the memory.

Also, I have attached the 530 to a PC and there are no files which I can move or delete.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nevica

Windows Phone is freeing up the space while installing an update. I suggest you to install additional language (you're free to remove it after installing process).

Daniel Gandolfo

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

No My phone isn't freeing up any space while installing an update. How do you know this? The phone memory has been reported full for the past week so it isn't freeing up memory. It's another problem. Any help would be appreciated.

shmaun

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft is aware of the memory problem upgrading Lumia 530 to build 10136

go to this website address. windows central won't let me post a link so copy and paste in to browser

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/build-10136-running-out-of-space-during-install/b36b1a67-d26c-4220-b6b5-6540d3678016

shmaun

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Quote from the website I gave in the previous reply:

***Update 2015.06.18 at 3:45pm PST***

We have confirmed this is an issue. We are tracking down the specific cause and are requesting logs as noted below. It appears to be affecting devices with 4GB or less disk space. Please post up and share logs as they will be extremely helpful in allowing us to fully diagnose the issue.

Thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans