Images and Videos won't load, how can I fix it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Images and Videos won't load

So, my grandmother has a Lumia 530 that runs Windows Phone 8.1.

When you try to open any video/image downloaded through WhatsApp after April (March 29th videos/images open without any issue) the video/image won't load. There's a gray thumbnail in all those files and they won't open normally even using a PC or another phone. I tried to send one of those images to my WhatsApp (I use iPhone) and the image seems to be corrupted.

Also, the images are seen in low quality using the app, almost like if that Data Economy mode were activated (it's not).

All images saved before that date, using WhatsApp are working perfectly. I reinstalled the

There's an error message open images saying that it couldn't be loaded. I saw some solutions to similar WP8.1 (checking the date/time, trying to check the SD card) and none of those worked.

I haven't tried to reset since I don't really know how to perform this on Windows Phone and most people related that it doesn't really fix this.

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Ana

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Images and Videos won't load

Have you tried connecting the phone to a PC, navigating to the phone on the PC via file explorer and opening the images?

Chances are the the msd card has bad sectors and is on the verge of going kaput.

Please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb