Why am I unable to open photos received by text?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Can't open photos received by text

My aunt has just purchased this phone but unlike my 530 she cannot open any photos that have been sent via text to her, can anyone help me?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't open photos received by text

Use this site to find your country and carrier then use the values they provide: World Wide Mobile Phone Settings Or check the help pages at your Carrier's website.

WP 8.1: Settings > cellular + SIM > SIM settings > toggle "Manual Internet APN" to ON > tap "edit MMS APN" then input the values into the fields and selecting "save"

W10M: Settings > Network & Wireless > Cellular & SIM > SIM settings > Add an MMS APN > enter the values > make sure the "Apply this profile" box is checked > tap Save.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

ShannyMan

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can't open photos received by text

So I'm trying to do this on my Verizon HTC One M8 that's been upgraded to Windows 10. I'm on ATT now, but I don't have a MMS APN under SIM settings. I can get the data working by setting the internet APN, but no MMS yet. Any ideas? Everything works except MMS.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So I'm trying to do this on my Verizon HTC One M8 that's been upgraded to Windows 10. I'm on ATT now, but I don't have a MMS APN under SIM settings. I can get the data working by setting the internet APN, but no MMS yet. Any ideas? Everything works except MMS.

I know on my ATT 640 I need to manually input MMS settings each time I start fresh.

I'll upload the settings I use if youd like, but it'll have to be when I'm in front of a computer.

However, I'm pretty sure Verizon locks away the MMS settings preventing modification. I could be wrong though, I'm not sure if it's still an ongoing practice.

ShannyMan

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I've got the settings, but you might be right about Verizon locking that out. On my unlocked Lumia 950, the MMS APN setting is right where it should be under Internet APN. That setting is missing on the Verizon HTC One M8. I wonder if I can take it into a Verizon store and they'd be able to do anything or if I just won't be able to fully use this phone on ATT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12