Why won't my Lumia 532 play HD songs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noman Shaam

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
Guys I'm not a professional user of windows phone. in fact i do not know how to delete contacts numbers, how to attach it with my PC for transferring data ,

And i do not know why people love to use windows phone.

what is the specialty of these phone.😊
the end

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
these phones can play every video easily. their Ram is Just 512MB...

In this case, the phone's Snapdragon 200 processor limits the possibility of playing 1080p or in some cases a higher bit rate 720p video, RAM has absolutely no contribution.

thanks Dude! i know how to convert videos . but if you suggest me any software I'll be very thankful to you.

I would start with the video converters from DVDVideoSoft | World's #1 Freeware. I have used them before and they seem to do a pretty nice job

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
its ok my dear Eire...!

happy to meet you

Happy to meet you too Noman. You could try resetting your phone. It could be a result of a bad update or a bug. But first:
Remove all installed video apps (you cannot remove Xbox Video app)
Backup your files -- Settings, backup, apps+settings, backup once backup has completed.
Now reset -- Settings, About, Reset phone.
Install windows again.
It will search for backups and apply the backup.
Then install the video apps again and see does this help things.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
In this case, the phone's Snapdragon 200 processor limits the possibility of playing 1080p or in some cases a higher bit rate 720p video, RAM has absolutely no contribution.

I would start with the video converters from DVDVideoSoft | World's #1 Freeware. I have used them before and they seem to do a pretty nice job

Ram does have a contribution as RAM is considered as memory and the more memory you have the more processing power your processor has to use, as the Processor doesn't need to go to the RAM as often to collate information. That's why a a pc game like GTA has minimum system requirements and RAM is a huge part. If your RAM is low the your game will become Skippy or even crash upon startup. The same principle is applied to video.

Noman Shaam

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
Happy to meet you too Noman. You could try resetting your phone. It could be a result of a bad update or a bug. But first:

Remove all installed video apps (you cannot remove Xbox Video app)

Backup your files -- Settings, backup, apps+settings, backup once backup has completed.

Now reset -- Settings, About, Reset phone.

Install windows again.

It will search for backups and apply the backup.

Then install the video apps again and see does this help things.

should i try windows 10 or 8.1 old...

i read some threads. after reading i could know that we can unlock it. like we root Android.

what do you say about it?

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
should i try windows 10 or 8.1 old...

i read some threads. after reading i could know that we can unlock it. like we root Android.

what do you say about it?

Don't install WP10 its buggy and its so bad seriously its not the greatest at all. But yes going back to 8.1 may help. Yes it could help. I mean its a real shame that your phone is skipping the Videos as your phone is a better phone then mine and I can play 720p video on it. But yes do the reset and see if it helps.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Ram does have a contribution as....

I know you're trying to help the OP but I this is what my comment started with..
"In this case..." which meant "In THIS particular case". I very well know how RAM contributes to a system's performance but again, in this case even if you add 3GB RAM to the phone it won't magically get the horsepower it's currently missing to play HD videos.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Also there is no need to root Windows as you cant. Windows phones are made to be like a PC in your pocket. I have read people rooting Androids and bricking them. I rooted many androids and the only difference it makes is you can add custom roms on it and you can better delete apps. Windows phone is a much better open source OS.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I know you're trying to help the OP but I this is what my comment started with..
"In this case..." which meant "In THIS particular case". I very well know how RAM contributes to a system's performance but again, in this case even if you add 3GB RAM to the phone it won't magically get the horsepower it's currently missing to play HD videos.

Yes that's correct but to say RAM doesn't have a contribution is incorrect as all factors must be taken into consideration, as storage, RAM, processors all go hand in hand in the overall running of the device. In this case and every other case. You could have a powerful processor and weak RAM and that also would impact overall performances.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes that's correct but to say RAM doesn't have a contribution is incorrect as all factors must be taken into consideration, as storage, RAM, processors all go hand in hand in the overall running of the device. In this case and every other case. You could have a powerful processor and weak RAM and that also would impact overall performances.
Again, why bring something which is completely irrelevant to THIS topic? RAM does not have ANY contribution to SD200 (Lumia 532) not being able to play 1080p videos.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Again, why bring something which is completely irrelevant to THIS topic? RAM does not have ANY contribution to SD200 (Lumia 532) not being able to play 1080p videos.

I'm saying no more on your part of this topic, I'm not going round in circles, go onto google and you can find it out for yourself, I'm advising Noman as he has the issue not you so as far as our interactions on this topic goes its ended.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Lots of confusion and frustration in this thread.

Let's close this one for now.

If the OP wants to start another thread we'll try our best to help.
Thank you all for trying.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium