Microsoft just upset existing Low End Users

wplee

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
You keep saying the 635 is 3 months old. The 635 was announced in April and launched in June making it 5 months old. No offence, but I think releasing low end devices every 6 months and flagships yearly is not a bad decision. The naming system may be screwed up but I think your anger at Microsoft is misplaced.
With respect, Don't tell me I shouldn't be disappointed at Microsoft just because your a fan. I have every right to be I'm a paying customer. For your information, Windows Central didn't even get a review model of the 635 until October 29th!!!!!!!!!! The 635 was heavily advertised in September on UK TV. Think of how many devices signed up on contact or shed out hard earned money believing that nothing in the 6 series or below it would replace it for at least 10-12 months.

Look at Motorola. They didn't release a Moto G and then release the Moto E a few months later than was far superior. Why? Because they have clear price points based on specs and make it clear for its customers. You couldn't have a Moto E with a bigger screen than the Moto G because that's just stupid right? How can the Lumia 535 have a bigger screen than the Lumia 635? No wonder the salespersons in stores don't bother trying to sell Lumias. They think they are a joke. They are probably right.

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Your wrong. The Lumia 635(630) are excluded from playing games like Fifa 15 & Fast & Furious 6 because they only have 512mb RAM. This 1GB 535 will be able to download these games which makes it a far better gaming device (even if they don't run amazingly).
oh so as far as the game has a crappy performance but you can have it, that's ok? LOL

what's the point if won't even be able to play it properly?

for that there is 730 which will deliver a far better performance, even with 1Gb, the 535 is not aimed for this type of heavy games

saying it is better just because you can download it even if you have poor performance is just...nonsense lol

anyways, users who wants to play this types of games shouldn't even be looking at this devices with low end gpu...it's better to gather a bit more money and go for a device that can run the game decently

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The model numbers don't mean much to me as much as features do.
Looks as though the 5" displays are considered the sweet spot for phones lately.

Microsoft may be trying to target low end users with the most attractive things about high end devices.

IMO if Microsoft can pitch a 5 inch phone with mid line cameras having a flash and great battery time the 535 should fly off the shelves at the right price.

The 635 is a great add-on or back up to users who have another device like myself.
I still believe Microsoft is trying to plow up the many folks who are refusing to go to smartphones because of contracts and high costs.

wplee

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I agree partly, I still have my Kindle Fire HD for Android Gaming. But there is no way the Lumia 535 should have a bigger screen, Front Camera and Double the RAM than the 4 Month old (available to actually buy) Lumia 635. Who the hell is gonna buy a Lumia 635 in store now? Average customers (and salespersons) don't have a clue about processors lol. It's just another confusing transitional mess from Microsoft with their pet project that is Windows (on Phones).

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Average customers (and salespersons) don't have a clue about processors lol.
^^^^^^^ Key words...

The numbers only seem to matter to us followers here.
I always thought smartphones were boring until I found Nokia with Windows...

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I got your point about the naming...
after all these release of x3x series that followed order, the 535 is going to be the anomaly

they should come up with a number (or name, or a combination of both) which shows that it's a model on par with 630/635 to avoid confusion...
630L maybe?

but for me, it's not something that would make me switch
it's just a simple matter of numbering and these anomalies in numbering are pretty much common in the Nokia phones

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
According to Windows Central, next week's launch will be the Windows Lumia 535. A 5" qHD device with 1gb RAM and Front Camera. This completely beats the 3-month old Lumia 635 in every aspect apart from Processor which won't matter because this new device will be able to play way more games than the limited 512mb in the Lumia 635.

As someone who bought the 635(630) just 3 months ago I feel this is a disgrace. How can the 5 series overtake the 6 series within a few months? Microsoft have just peeved off a lot of 635 customers and maybe even 730 buyers too.

So you can now see not only Flagship owners are upset by Microsoft's strategy but also existing low end users too. At this point I've now given up on Microsoft's mobile offerings and will enjoy OneNote, Office & OneDrive on my new iPhone 6 in 2015. Goodbye Microsoft, a shame it could have been awesome.

dude, I hear you but wouldn't it be easier to just sell the phone and get another windows Phone? Think ebay. Just saying.

Broad and Market

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Two things here:
First, has it been confirmed that it will be called the 535 or are we just guessing?
Secondly, this phone will probably land in the same price bracket as the Blu Win HD $175-200 since they have similar specs so for $80 the 635 is still a great deal with LTE.

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Oh my god! Lmao, thanks for the laugh. This was a funny post. You're complaining because Microsoft is actually making a half decent low-end device? It was pretty sad in the first place that they kept making devices with both no front facing camera and only 512 mb of ram. People here complain about everything.
1. We're not even sure if it's called the Lumia 535, that's a guess.
2. The 635 was still Nokia, this is the FIRST device by Microsoft
3. Quit hating just because a better device than what you bought is being released

jonahtrav

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey 🙋... My 920 only has a 4.5 inch screen how can they make a series 5 phone with a larger screen...I have to admit I laughed through many of these posts... Thanks for the break time laugh.

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Pfff you had to see my brother face when he bought the Xperia Z2 ($600+ price) in June... only to know a couple weeks later that a new Xperia Z3 was coming.

I bet that before knowing about the 535, you were happy with you 630/635... it's normal to see new phones being launch every month. So, i see no problem with those new Lumias.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
1. I did buy off-contact, doesn't mean I'm not still stuck with a lesser phone than the new 535 just 3 months after the 635 launch. Don't understand your point?

2. Android users didn't have just one main Manufacturer (Nokia/Microsoft/Lumia). Samsung made some low end options but they were not series numbered and priced hugely differently. Microsoft is being evil.

It will be priced higher than 635, so you shouldnt feel cheated

ChinuKabi

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
This launch makes me feel like throwing away my 520 and newly bought moto e at the nearest inanimate object present in my vicinity!

nallWhite

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I think MS more or less is fixing the low end market. Nokia didn't put front facing cameras, gig of rams and camera flash on there low devices. While their users were asking for it. My only complaint is not coming in a smaller size. Maybe 535 for 4.5 inch and 535.5 for 5 inch. Or split the difference and do a 4.7.

Quhi

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm like 100% sure that ALL 1gb ram games will suffer from a lot of lag on the lumia 535, also the lighter games won't perform too good, since the increased resolution still puts the weak processor on tension. Though the games run on the 630 and 635 ideally, because the processor is more than enough to power every 512 mb game with that small resolution. You can't say you really lost money on the device, the processor is one of the most expensive part of any device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb