Microsoft just upset existing Low End Users

wplee

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
According to Windows Central, next week's launch will be the Windows Lumia 535. A 5" qHD device with 1gb RAM and Front Camera. This completely beats the 3-month old Lumia 635 in every aspect apart from Processor which won't matter because this new device will be able to play way more games than the limited 512mb in the Lumia 635.

As someone who bought the 635(630) just 3 months ago I feel this is a disgrace. How can the 5 series overtake the 6 series within a few months? Microsoft have just peeved off a lot of 635 customers and maybe even 730 buyers too.

So you can now see not only Flagship owners are upset by Microsoft's strategy but also existing low end users too. At this point I've now given up on Microsoft's mobile offerings and will enjoy OneNote, Office & OneDrive on my new iPhone 6 in 2015. Goodbye Microsoft, a shame it could have been awesome.

Daniel Fibikar

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
630/635 was never ment as L625 upgrade. Just addition to L6xx family.

Time are changing quckly and so do Microsoft. That L525 is going to be different type of device, more as a upgrade for L625 which is EOL right now. Which is good, i don't know why you're upset. L525 is going to be more expensive than L630/635 trust me.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I can remember the android users getting mad there was netter hardware released bi monthly.

then they realized buying phines off contract was smarter amd loved the phone updates that came three or four times a year.

look for the positive.

kiloeightone

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I just got a 635 a couple of days ago. Haven't seen full specs of this 535 yet, but it does seem a bit of a jumbled line up now. But for me, I don't play games so for now 512mb is fine. Id have liked the FFC too but again, Lumia Selfie allows me to use the 5mp rear shooter to take auto selfies (mainly of me and my kids). Also don't know the price point for the 535 yet, I'm happy with the cost of this Tesco 635. So for me, yes its a bit annoying they're bringing out a new Microsoft Lumia in 5x range which might have more specs/features than the 635, but overall I'm still happy with my new 635.

wplee

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I understand that everything is moving forward, but for a low end Lumia to beat another low end Lumia within 3/4 months and overtake it's offering is hugely disappointing. I paid full price off contact for my Lumia 630 but so what. I can't exchange it for the new 535.

wplee

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I can remember the android users getting mad there was netter hardware released bi monthly.

then they realized buying phines off contract was smarter amd loved the phone updates that came three or four times a year.

look for the positive.

1. I did buy off-contact, doesn't mean I'm not still stuck with a lesser phone than the new 535 just 3 months after the 635 launch. Don't understand your point?

2. Android users didn't have just one main Manufacturer (Nokia/Microsoft/Lumia). Samsung made some low end options but they were not series numbered and priced hugely differently. Microsoft is being evil.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
1. I did buy off-contact, doesn't mean I'm not still stuck with a lesser phone than the new 535 just 3 months after the 635 launch. Don't understand your point?

2. Android users didn't have just one main Manufacturer (Nokia/Microsoft/Lumia). Samsung made some low end options but they were not series numbered and priced hugely differently. Microsoft is being evil.

It's no big deal. The price decide everything. Still using 625 and no regret.

Anyway L630/635 is designed by Nokia while the new one designed by Microsoft. Still Nokia Logo lol

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
According to Windows Central, next week's launch will be the Windows Lumia 535. A 5" qHD device with 1gb RAM and Front Camera. This completely beats the 3-month old Lumia 635 in every aspect apart from Processor which won't matter because this new device will be able to play way more games than the limited 512mb in the Lumia 635.

As someone who bought the 635(630) just 3 months ago I feel this is a disgrace. How can the 5 series overtake the 6 series within a few months? Microsoft have just peeved off a lot of 635 customers and maybe even 730 buyers too.

So you can now see not only Flagship owners are upset by Microsoft's strategy but also existing low end users too. At this point I've now given up on Microsoft's mobile offerings and will enjoy OneNote, Office & OneDrive on my new iPhone 6 in 2015. Goodbye Microsoft, a shame it could have been awesome.
You are really ridiculous. You complain Low end devices and you said you are getting an iPhone 6. Why didn't you get a high end lumia. Why not even try the 730/735. Also all games won't run smooth on the 530. If it had a WVGA screen then maybe but Snapdragon 200 is at low as it gets. The lumia 730/735 is actually better by the way. Those users have 1 GB ram and a Snapdragon 400 with a HD screen. Why not join them instead.

Last edited:

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Ok then OP. Give Microsoft a shout and tell them to name the 535 something like 639. Then there won't be a problem. It seems you're upset that a lesser named phone than yours has better specs. But pricing certainly won't be less that your 635.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
This naming system sure is screwed up. The phone, at first glance, is far closer to being a successor to the 628 than being a 5xx line phone.

Okay, it's pretty clear how screwed up the naming system is right now. Why don't we wait for the price of this one?

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

1 excellent, sell It and update
2 only millions more people buying a windows phone month can change this

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
The plain fact of the matter is unless you buy a new phone every week you are always going to be behind. Until the new phone is released with a price that is lower than the 635 we can't say to much. The 635 has a 400 CPU, the 535 a 200 but everything else favors the 535. At lease the 635 is cheap.

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Instead of getting upset we should be happy that we are getting new devices.New devices will let other users( people who are using Feature phones or phones from other platforms) to join windows phone platforms.Also users will be able to choose from a wide variety of phones as per their needs.
Previously there were limited devices from windows phone platform but now its expanding and its a good news for those who wants to upgrade to newer devices.Plus all x20 devices are still getting firmware updates even though the devices are nearly two years old.
So cheer up.

Last edited:

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
"Microsoft just upset existing Low End Users"

no, it just upsets YOU because you can't deal with the "evolution" of technology. or what? you want 5xx Lumia phones to always be inferior to your 635 phone that is THREE months old, only because you think 5xx should always be crap? when are 5xx Lumia phones be able to surpass the Lumia 635 in 3 more months? in a year? in 5 years?
how can you sleep every night knowing that technology is faster today than few months ago?

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Are you the office spokesperson for low spec device users? If not, I think you are speaking for yourself. As for them releasing a new device, it is no different than the plethora of devices perpetually being released for Android. You saw a version of the same thing with Google as well when Nexus tablet models followed fast on each other heels a couple years ago, with the newer ones being cheaper and more advanced. Technology moves at its own pace, not your personal convenience. Quite frankly, as one further example, it is also no different than the fact that the Nikon D7000 and D7100 (four digits indicating consumer models) are generally more advanced than the D300S (three digits indicating higher end cameras below the threshold of the single digit pro cameras). A few complained but not as if they were personally slighted; some stuck with the prosumer D300S which has never been replaced by a D400; and others bought the D7000. If the situation upsets you than complain about it. If wish you can also move on to another platform. You are not, however, speaking for anyone other than yourself....

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

You keep saying the 635 is 3 months old. The 635 was announced in April and launched in June making it 5 months old. No offence, but I think releasing low end devices every 6 months and flagships yearly is not a bad decision. The naming system may be screwed up but I think your anger at Microsoft is misplaced.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
You aren't stuck. Sell your 635 and buy a 535 if you like it better. Or wait awhile until there are used 525s for sale and do it for less of a difference. And since the 635 must have met your foreseen needs (or you wouldn't have bought it), just keep it until those needs change. By then maybe the 535 wouldn't be a good choice either.

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
well, if the 535 has a Snap 200 + Adreno 302, not even 1Gb of RAM will do wonders for games lol

take the Moto E which has this same specs (but smaller screen)...game performance will still be that of a low-end, because the gpu is weak!

1Gb helps for smoother performance, multi-tasking and such BUT without a good gpu, it won't really improve game performance!

730/735 is still a better choice all the way!

wplee

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
well, if the 535 has a Snap 200 + Adreno 302, not even 1Gb of RAM will do wonders for games lol
!

Your wrong. The Lumia 635(630) are excluded from playing games like Fifa 15 & Fast & Furious 6 because they only have 512mb RAM. This 1GB 535 will be able to download these games which makes it a far better gaming device (even if they don't run amazingly).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077