Lumia 535 just quitely got announced 5" two 5mp cameras Front and back

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't think you have regret a lot. 630 has a better gpu and processor. Ya!! You can cry for ram, camera and size. If it matters for your mother

I don't care about better processors. WPs don't lag, processors matter much in Android(a power hungry OS).
Ram matters as 1 Gb is enough to get all apps/games. Flash & ffc are important. So according to me, 535 is a lot better than 630.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Video recording should have been at least 720p,FWVGA (848 x 480) is a downer.since its a budget phone they must have skipped Clear Black.But i think in markets like India it will be highly successful.
Good going Microsoft:excited:.

Well, I think 720p & clearblack would've increased the cost. Getting this phone in less than ₹11k is not a bad deal. Yes, it would be successful here, hopefully even more than 520.

secher

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't get why people say it's a slap for 630 owners...
The reason I got 630 is to have a cheap spare phone that I can use when I run and stuff. I want a small phone for that because my 1020 that is my main phone is too bulky. The 630 was cheap and has all the stuff I need. I'm still happy with it :)
I just want a new flagship - I don't care about the low end stuff, now that I have a 630...

renjith p george

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
That was a typo from me. Definitely we cannot compare 535 with 730. I am using 730 for the last 3 weeks.

535 lacks many features which are visible in 730. Like a better processor, ffc quality though its 5mp, video recording resolution, screen resolution including clear back display, then nfc, sensor core....

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't get why people say it's a slap for 630 owners...

The reason I got 630 is to have a cheap spare phone that I can use when I run and stuff. I want a small phone for that because my 1020 that is my main phone is too bulky. The 630 was cheap and has all the stuff I need. I'm still happy with it :)

I just want a new flagship - I don't care about the low end stuff, now that I have a 630...

The ones who use 630 as their primary device, for them it matters a lot.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
With snapdragon 200???

Yes, higher processors are needed in Android, not in WP. They work well even with dual core/single core processors. I still have my 28 month old Lumia 710(has only 1.4 GHz single core processor) still, till now it never lagged! Android is more power hungry OS, not WP.
So 535 would be a tough competitor for Moto E/G.

maddogmoffit

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Not sure what market they are targeting with this one. The commercial focused on a couple of things like Cortana, Skype and showing of the features of the keyboard. A lot of those features are heavily limited to US and a few other countries (Cortana and the swype like keyboard) so is this something targeted towards US or? I think that while the tactic of targeting the lower part of the market could be good, Microsoft needs to up there pace in releasing features outside US otherwise why buy this and not a cheap android that actually have features that work in your country?

Last edited:

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what market they are targeting with this one. The commercial focused on a couple of things like Cortana, Skype and showing of the features of the keyboard. A lot of those features are heavily limited to US and a few other countries (Cortana and the swype like keyboard) so is this something targeted towards US or? I think that while the tactic of targeting the lower part of the market could be good, Microsoft needs to up there pace in releasing features outside US otherwise why by this and not a cheap android that actualy have features that work in your country?
You sir deserve more likes it's really weird advertising Cortana but at the same time not so much as a target country like China does have Cortana in some sense.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes, higher processors are needed in Android, not in WP. They work well even with dual core/single core processors. I still have my 28 month old Lumia 710(has only 1.4 GHz single core processor) still, till now it never lagged! Android is more power hungry OS, not WP.
So 535 would be a tough competitor for Moto E/G.
Oh you have a WP7 device? Then you can't really talk about WP8/8.1 and specs. Because...loading....resuming...

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Oh you have a WP7 device? Then you can't really talk about WP8/8.1 and specs. Because...loading....resuming...

I have 1320 too, I know about loading, resuming, iOS has it too. They just forgot to add loading or resuming.
So if 1520 has sd 800(a good processor) does that mean it doesn't have loading/resuming problems? I just meant that compared to iOS/WP, Android is more power hungry. I know that specs matters, but If a phone doesn't lag, runs smooth enough, then processor doesn't matter a lot to me. I know that sd 800 would be getting some extra features, but again sd 400/200 won't be getting it, so there's not a huge gap left between 200 & 400.

thesachd

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I have 1320 too, I know about loading, resuming, iOS has it too. They just forgot to add loading or resuming.
So if 1520 has sd 800(a good processor) does that mean it doesn't have loading/resuming problems? I just meant that compared to iOS/WP, Android is more power hungry. I know that specs matters, but If a phone doesn't lag, runs smooth enough, then processor doesn't matter a lot to me. I know that sd 800 would be getting some extra features, but again sd 400/200 won't be getting it, so there's not a huge gap left between 200 & 400.
Android inevitably ends up in most discussions that take place in these forums.

Honestly speaking both iOS and Android resume applications much much faster than Windows Phone. My Android device can run plenty of apps in memory even with 1GB just fine.

There are times when an app doesn't instantly respond after coming back from recents, but for the most part it's way better than Windows Phone.

During my time of having tried several low end devices of Windows Phone, their performance was on par(if not significantly worse) than Android alternatives with the same or similar specifications.

So please don't bring Android into everything, when many of you don't seem to know much about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett