Does anyone else think this phone is the perfect affordable windows phone except for the lack of 4g?
    The addition of the Snapdragon 200 also kind of bugs me but only slightly.
    11-12-2014 03:03 PM
    You do have to pay for any features or hardware included... Microsoft has done a lot at that price point. I think the primary market for the 535 would be countries that don't have LTE (or very many LTE users) yet. The Snapdragon 200 is definitely a cost saving measure.

Sure, everyone would love a SuperPhone at a sub $200 USD price tag.

I'm not sure what the question here is, or if there is even a point.

​You get what you pay for is a very good guideline to keep in mind; even when bargain hunting.
    11-12-2014 03:21 PM
    If you want a cheap phone with 4G, get the 635.
    11-12-2014 03:26 PM
    Aside from the cpu, 4G lte, and the screen the 535 has it all over the 635 but it is more expensive. But not by much. If I only had my choice between these two I would probably get the 635. With the new selfie taking app the front camera is not as important as it once was. I used a 520 for awhile and it was a delight. But you can get a used 820 for about 150$ and it is a much better phone than either and the price is about the same.
    Nicholas Maguire likes this.
    11-12-2014 03:41 PM
    Aside from the cpu, 4G lte, and the screen the 535 has it all over the 635 but it is more expensive. But not by much. If I only had my choice between these two I would probably get the 635. With the new selfie taking app the front camera is not as important as it once was. I used a 520 for awhile and it was a delight. But you can get a used 820 for about 150$ and it is a much better phone than either and the price is about the same.
    Hey don't get lumia 820 its battery life is abysmal at best.
    11-12-2014 05:43 PM
    Hey don't get lumia 820 its battery life is abysmal at best.
    Performance is nice, screen is too, battery life is meh, but batteries are replaceable and perhaps even upgradeable, although Ive gotten mixed reports on that.

Camera is better, Qi option, LTE, etc. And glance, since many want it.
    Nicholas Maguire likes this.
    11-13-2014 11:17 AM
    Getting it as soon as its released on in The U.S. A very well priced phone and the first Microsoft Branded Phone. Worthy upgrade from the Lumia 630 in my opinion
    Guytronic likes this.
    11-13-2014 06:51 PM
    I think for the price its a good phone but I wont be getting any thing new until win 10 comes out happy with my 620 for now.
    I am still the only one I know that has a windows phone maybe this phone will help change that
    Guytronic likes this.
    11-13-2014 10:17 PM
    You know..I honestly don't care for the battery, for the memory, for the camera or even LTE (we don't have it yet anyways), but what I could care for. .is an AMOLED screen. The screen size is something I've been waiting for a long time..but the IPS LCD is something that will make me think twice..
    Alfa Kapa likes this.
    11-14-2014 04:03 AM
    Getting it as soon as its released on in The U.S. A very well priced phone and the first Microsoft Branded Phone. Worthy upgrade from the Lumia 630 in my opinion
    But some reviewers say it is worst lumia better be careful nd buy.
    12-07-2014 02:57 PM
    I heard that touch is poor because magnify option in easy of access option is turned by default in this lumia 535 switch it off nd see whether poor touch response exist.
    12-08-2014 04:12 PM
    You can't expect to get a fast car like a ferrari for the price of a KIA. Come on... be realistic..
    xandros9 and jojoe42 like this.
    12-09-2014 09:02 PM
    Yup its the worst budget entry level phone with high spec, large screen, 5x5x5, quad core, 1GB RAM, 8GB default storage with up to 128GB MicroSD card capability, that I've ever seen.
    Why the hell I bought it I'll never know, I should've got a 2nd mortgage and got an iSheep iPhone instead!

The phone is simply brilliant for what it costs, ticks all entry level boxes and Microsoft are simply showing the 'iFlock' that this spec level doesn't need to cost the earth.
    I've just managed to convince my boss that we don't need to pay 300+ per handset for our work 'android' mobiles when we can pay 90 instead WITH dual SIM capability for a unit that integrates seamlessly with our exchange server, gives larger screen estate, more RAM and a more locked down OS to reduce 'flashing' with custom ROM's. Something I have to contend with regularly from staff members who are prone to fiddling!
    It will mean our works mobiles will become consumable items and we can buy them at virtually a 3 to 1 ratio of our current spend.
    jojoe42 and Schnuffi like this.
    12-11-2014 04:38 AM
    Why are u guys saying iphone is costly especially when you get it for $199 on contract.You guys are lucky to own best innovative product at fraction of cost nd you can pay in 24 installments.Am I missing something.
    From Windows phone
    12-11-2014 05:21 AM
    You're missing the fact that in order to get an iPhone you're suggesting that people sign up for a contract for 2 years simply to get it cheap?
    Where's the logic in that when you, as I do, have no contractual bind to anyone save 30 days notice on a SIM only contract, and can buy my own phone, when I want outright and unlocked without having to pay it off over 2 years simply so I have an iPhone.
    Everyone who knows anything about spec/hardware knows that there is nothing innovative about the iPhone, nothing they sell is new technology, you're buying into a brand name that ensures you never stop buying.
    An iPhone is nothing more than a status symbol, I have 3 members of my own family who have one simply because they like the fact they can show it off in public, they never use the camera, never browse and text everyone in capitals because they don't know not to!

iPhone 6 in UK = 600 (thereabouts)
    Lumia 535 in UK = 86 (thereabouts)

Do the math!
    You wanna blow that much money on a 'phone' then feel free but I for one won't be crying if I drop my Lumia and have to replace it never mind if it ever needs a new battery.
    It's a 30 min drive to nearest Apple Store for a battery change and that doesn't even include the standing charge to take it in, carry out the work and then pay the substantial bill for replacing it.
    It's eBay for me, wait a day, remove back, swap out.

Now, if like my brother you drop the iPhone some 3 inches from hand to desk and watch the 'gorilla glass' suddenly turn into sugar glass then boo hoo!!
    He can still tell everyone he has an 'iPhone'!
    12-11-2014 05:46 AM
    Ya then how come everyone buying those iPhones in usa.I heard iphone has market share of say 60% in us market.
    From Windows phone
    12-11-2014 06:26 AM
    Dunno, don't live in US. People entitled to buy what they want however if they looked under the 'hood' as they say, first, they may choose to spend their hard earned cash a little wiser.. buying into a concept is one thing, being their cash cow is another!
    Schnuffi likes this.
    12-11-2014 07:27 AM
    Ya then how come everyone buying those iPhones in usa.I heard iphone has market share of say 60% in us market.
    From Windows phone
    Dunno, don't live in US. People entitled to buy what they want however if they looked under the 'hood' as they say, first, they may choose to spend their hard earned cash a little wiser.. buying into a concept is one thing, being their cash cow is another!
    The norm for smartphones is selling them subsidized with a two-year contract here in the US.
    People are used to lower upfront prices from the big carriers, and you just have to look at Straight Talk's Facebook page to see it in action.
    (Straight Talk is a prepaid, no-contract MVNO which offers the iPhone 6 now, at the full price of something around $650. People complain on the post about the 6 that $650 is way overpriced - despite being the true price, and not hidden by the monthly fee.)

TL;DR - we're spoiled by upfront phone prices of free to $199. Carriers profit.
    12-11-2014 06:01 PM
    I agree with everything Smiggyy said I bought my Nokia 620 sim free and pay only 6.99€ a month for data with 50 free text and minutes witch is more then I need. Very happy with my purchase. Its to bad though I am still the only one I know that has a windows phone.
    12-26-2014 09:51 AM
    Does the L535 have double tap to wake??? A review in gsmarena states otherwise..
    01-03-2015 05:39 AM