[L535] Anyone have touch sensitivity problems?

Johnny Sayasane

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
The touch is lag and not responsible like my old 2 years Lumia 520. It's annoying all the time especially when unlocking the phone with PIN. I have to touch (push) the screen to make it work.

shayankmr9

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I contacted the dealer he is saying this problem is occuring with most of the devices (Lumia 535). Phone is awesome otherwise

Srikanth Shenoy

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
It types on its own, the Swipe keyboard does not work properly, u need to sometimes press harder and I noticed that it sometimes dails calls on its own when u check the recent directory. I am giving this phone back to the dealer.

Audigy

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Probably something that can be tweaked in the next builds, nonetheless it's something that should have been fixed right from the start.

In the mean time it does remind me of the erratic/unresponsive capacitive detection of the Nexus 7 2013, related to a noisy electrical ground which affected the entire production. It was only recently completely fixed with a new capacitive controller firmware.

I do believe that due to some time constraints(the need of sufficient stock for Christmas[25 Dez] for mainly Europe and Asia), they were forced to release the 535 with a not so final/optimized build/controllers. I do believe that in some weeks time we should have some news about this(hope sooner).

I will receive mine in a matter of days, so by that time I will post my feedback.

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Having seen screens of low end Lumia 620, 635 and 1320, screen of 535 is a real disappointment. Bought it as there's no live sample in my area.

no0b4v3r

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Here is the video about touch screen issue on Microsoft Lumia 535. I really hope it would be a software problem instead of hardware.

youtube.com/watch?v=dAsnwMZTQWM

Please share it so Microsoft can recognise and make a fix.

Audigy

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
It's exactly the same problem that plagued the Nexus 7 2013 in the past, noisy electrical ground that makes the capacitive readings imprecise to the controller, specially during multi touch scenarios(2 or more fingers) and while crossing the XY axis. See here: youtube.com/watch?v=FOaGU6ki548

It's an issue that can be fixed/minimized by tweaking the controller firmware. I would suspect that they are using the same Elantech capacitive controller as in the Nexus 7 2013, and since the other WP devices may be using Broadcom ones, the Elantech's driver/firmware may not be well configured for this device/setup at the moment. Nokia/Microsoft need to figure out the particularities of this panel and release an update ASAP.

In the meantime, can someone please try to replicate the same procedure but while charging(the USB cable attached will provide a clean ground source and thus eliminate the issue).

Srikanth Shenoy

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
The issue with 535 is that it has no option like other Lumia phone on touch sensitivity. Where u can opt for high or medium.
The best part for me now is after using 535 for a week I returned the phone back to the Nokia priority dealer (he promptly took it back) and o replaced that with Nokia 730 ( Ah I love 730) far better. Guys one suggestion to anyone who wants to buy a 535 is please don't buy it rather pay a bit extra and get 730 u will not repent buying this phone.

piyushvora

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys! My friend bought 535 two days ago and he was also complaining about the touch lag and responsiveness, and I found out that the screen magnifier was turned on, after turning off the screen magnifier the touch was very smooth and responsive. Try this out if it can help you. It would be better to try this option out other than replacing the handset. You can turn off the screen magnifier(settings->ease of access->screen magnifier).

Please post your feedback, so it can help other people as well.

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Mine is not touch lag, but too sensitive like those people complained about L1520.

I have tried your method and it seems to be better now, that when I am doing slow scrolling, it does not trigger activation so easily.

Thanks for the headsup.

Hey guys! My friend bought 535 two days ago and he was also complaining about the touch lag and responsiveness, and I found out that the screen magnifier was turned on, after turning off the screen magnifier the touch was very smooth and responsive. Try this out if it can help you. It would be better to try this option out other than replacing the handset. You can turn off the screen magnifier(settings->ease of access->screen magnifier).

Please post your feedback, so it can help other people as well.

ton_pkt

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
tried, but seems it doesn't work for me, the "magnifier" not enable on my device but touch still seems lack.

Trying to contact microsoft and looking for their feedback

Mihailo Simic

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
It seems to me that screen magnifier deactivation did help, but touch sensitivity still has problems. Especially when I compare it to L520

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb