Galaxy Note 10 Deal: BOGO at Verizon!
12-31-2014 01:00 AM
67 123
tools
    Bought 535 last friday, returned to the store today and substituted it with a Lumia 625. My god, what a difference! 535 screen seems to be for real a piece of plastic, the touch is full of lags and imprecision. In every sms or whatsapp I can report at least 3 or 4 retyping, due to errors. Games are not so bad, depending on which one you are playing. Bow shooting games are impossible. The sim code pin frequently need a retyping too.
    Imho, Microsoft first phone is a bad step.
    fizze17, prasath1234 and Jakez98 like this.
    12-17-2014 12:46 PM
    Bought 535 last friday, returned to the store today and substituted it with a Lumia 625. My god, what a difference! 535 screen seems to be for real a piece of plastic, the touch is full of lags and imprecision. In every sms or whatsapp I can report at least 3 or 4 retyping, due to errors. Games are not so bad, depending on which one you are playing. Bow shooting games are impossible. The sim code pin frequently need a retyping too.
    Imho, Microsoft first phone is a bad step.
    Unlucky! I have nothing but praise for my unit, from battery strength to wifi range.
    I updated my phone to latest version of DP and now have no issues with screen at all.
    Tahmid Alam likes this.
    12-18-2014 03:02 AM
    I am also happy with my phone. I think I just got unlucky with my battery.
    12-18-2014 03:42 AM
    Unlucky! I have nothing but praise for my unit, from battery strength to wifi range.
    I updated my phone to latest version of DP and now have no issues with screen at all.
    Ok. But, when you update your phone to the DP, don't you avoid your warranty? If I remember, in Italy, Nokia center refuse DP phones (if they realized it ). And last, but not least, the DP is a alfa or beta version of the software. If there is a problem or a bug with it, you can't turn back and you have to wait for the final release. Am I right?
    12-18-2014 04:05 AM
    Thought warranty was for the hardware not the software?
    12-18-2014 05:46 AM
    Hmmm.. My friend bought a Lumia 535, but he did not faced any issue like this. And the touch screen is not plasticky, its same as my 630.
    12-18-2014 06:09 AM
    Thought warranty was for the hardware not the software?
    Depend on your country policy, I believe. By the way, the procedure to install a DP is not a conventionally way to upgrade the system. A brand new product have to be fully functional before launch it on market.
    EDITED: Red the italian policy. Ok, now I know that you don't avoid warranty after a DP install. But I don't want to risk a bugged system installation (some bug could be present in DP). This because after a DP install, "You CANNOT REVERT to a prior OS version once you have taken an update via this program" (Microsoft App MArket).
    I can't wait for an upgrade from Microsoft. I want my phone working well after first start.

Hmmm.. My friend bought a Lumia 535, but he did not faced any issue like this. And the touch screen is not plasticky, its same as my 630.
    You have to use one, for a couple of days. And use an "old" Nokia Lumia at the same time. You can see the difference in every moment.
    Last edited by abelnorchis; 12-19-2014 at 01:22 AM.
    12-18-2014 08:27 AM
    But I don't want to risk a bugged system installation (some bug could be present in DP). This because after a DP install, "You CANNOT REVERT to a prior OS version once you have taken an update via this program" (Microsoft App MArket).
    We're kind of getting off topic here, but this is not entirely correct. If you have a 535 you can always use Nokia's Tools to flash your phone back to a previous ROM version (search the site for more info). That may take half an hour to setup and complete, but it is possible.
    Last edited by a5cent; 12-18-2014 at 12:52 PM.
    12-18-2014 11:33 AM
    I had got similar problems too.... But after a week got that replaced with 730.
    12-18-2014 08:08 PM
    We're kind of getting off topic here, but this is not entirely correct. If you have a 535 you can always use Nokia's Tools to flash your phone back to a previous ROM version (search the site for more info). That may take half an hour to setup and complete, but it is possible.
    Ok. Don't know about that possibility. The phrase: "You CANNOT REVERT to a prior OS version once you have taken an update via this program" is copied/pasted from the app Preview for Developer in Microsoft Market.
    Preview for Developers | Store di app e giochi per Windows Phone (Italia)
    12-19-2014 01:20 AM
    Flashing via Nokia recovery tool will revert back to stock ROM however updating via any DP update will not allow you to undo that update by ,means of an uninstall.
    Have done the above numerous times with my 520 and recently a couple of 530's and units had been updated via DP.
    12-19-2014 02:51 AM
    What I don't understand is the apparent lack of urgency in them for fixing the problem and release an update... Ok we already know that they are working on it, but as confirmed, the latest DP doesn't have the touch problems so they already have the fix in their hands.

In the mean time the sales of 535 decline and I can imagine that the percentage of returns caused by this problem is quite high. Being the first Microsoft branded WP device, I find difficult to comprehend this lack of action. With the Christmas holidays starting, there is a strong possibility that the update will only appear after new year's eve. In the mean time people are buying these devices and complaining/returning, giving a bad name to Microsoft and WP. With their quota of only 3% VS 12% of iOS and 83% of Android, how can they let this happen? They need to show and convince they are better than the competitors...
    prasath1234 and abelnorchis like this.
    12-19-2014 06:17 AM
    You can fix the problem (touch screen) by using the Lumia Recovery Tool, the fixed firmware is already available through the tool.
    Audigy likes this.
    12-19-2014 06:19 AM
    Maybe it's the SD card?
    12-19-2014 06:24 AM
    You can fix the problem (touch screen) by using the Lumia Recovery Tool, the fixed firmware is already available through the tool.
    Thanks for the advice! I can report that it's fixed! Nonetheless I think that there is still room for improvement, mainly in the precision. You can clearly feel it stuttering a bit while dragging the finger in a continuous motion(easily seen while scrolling on the app panel), and as soon you remove the finger it returns to a buttery smooth motion.

You can download the Lumia Recovery Tool front here: FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA
    Arshad Shah likes this.
    12-19-2014 12:44 PM
    Updated the phone via ota still there are points when the screen starts to type by itself, over sensitively issues still occurs, another update fix is required, is anyone facing the problem after the update?
    12-25-2014 06:45 AM
    Updated the phone via ota still there are points when the screen starts to type by itself, over sensitively issues still occurs, another update fix is required, is anyone facing the problem after the update?
    Yes... I got this issue too.. Now it responsive.. Way to responsive, it now sometimes too fast to process a command.. And it make an unwanted command to be processed.. I think there is no way to fix it.. MS are lost their mind when making L535.. I just think why they let this huge problems come to us.. :(
    fizze17 likes this.
    12-25-2014 08:40 AM
    Yes... I got this issue too.. Now it responsive.. Way to responsive, it now sometimes too fast to process a command.. And it make an unwanted command to be processed.. I think there is no way to fix it.. MS are lost their mind when making L535.. I just think why they let this huge problems come to us.. :(
    Now we can do only one thing, is to talk to customer care helplines so we either get a replacement or a refund, because even I feel the same, MS has destroyed the lumia quality from the phones originally made by the name Nokia, if not a proper fixed should be launched, I don't know what hardware or software they are using but its pathetic haha, for Microsoft which is billion dollar company to have such flaws
    12-25-2014 10:48 AM
    Isn't the 535 a nokia made phone? There isn't an official Microsoft made phone created yet!
    12-25-2014 10:59 AM
    Isn't the 535 a nokia made phone? There isn't an official Microsoft made phone created yet!
    The Lumia 535 is the FIRST Lumia created by Microsoft
    12-25-2014 11:21 AM
    Oh.... Every one of us got a faulty unit?? That's funny.... I don't know how much time I got before I throw this phone away...๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ 
    really really regretting to buy a phone without reading reviews about it.... I don't want this phone, but I cant buy another phone while this phone only get 60% of its original price while exchanging to another Lumia... ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข
    12-25-2014 11:40 AM
    In addition... Is there any Lumia 535 owner there who loved this phone????
    12-25-2014 11:42 AM
    This phone is worthless its only meant to be dumped in recycle bin in Nokia stores and centres haha, and refund to all customers, billion dollar company right? LOL its Christmas be our Santa Microsoft
    12-25-2014 12:08 PM
    In addition... Is there any Lumia 535 owner there who loved this phone????
    I have 2 friends that recently bought the 535 last week (first time WP users) Warned them about the touch issues before purchasing and suggested they wait if there's a fix or a new revision that will come. They still pushed thru even with the warning and they are both loving the phones.

One even plays aphalt 8 airborne with silly car sounds from his mouth. And he's age 30

Checked their phones myself and the touch issue is there. But not to a point of being unusable. And heck they even don't notice it without me bringing it up
    xandros9 and greynightshirt like this.
    12-25-2014 06:33 PM
    I have 2 friends that recently bought the 535 last week (first time WP users) Warned them about the touch issues before purchasing and suggested they wait if there's a fix or a new revision that will come. They still pushed thru even with the warning and they are both loving the phones.

One even plays aphalt 8 airborne with silly car sounds from his mouth. And he's age 30

Checked their phones myself and the touch issue is there. But not to a point of being unusable. And heck they even don't notice it without me bringing it up
    I would like to say the touch problems may vary from lumia 535 because there were 2 types reported one was very rough and the other over sensitive which apparently hasn't worked for all devices and complains remain of over sensitive screen same in my case even the service centre claimed hardware replacement but same problem remains, and a word from head office is pending if I might get a refund, peace
    http://www.breathecast.com/articles/...-device-22790/
    12-25-2014 11:53 PM
67 123