Purchased Lumia 535 absolutely regretting it!!

fizze17

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have a Lumia 535 with such defects, screen not responding, when typing automatically typing itself. Automatically turning off at times? Seriously worthless company they destroyed lumia quality, gorilla glass feels like plastic only camera is good everything else sucks! Flop phone

her3814

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I think that 535 doesn't have gorilla glass but.. All those problems you're having maybe are because of a faulty unit to should take it to a service center, or your carrier's shop and ask for a replacement

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have a Lumia 535 with such defects, screen not responding, when typing automatically typing itself. Automatically turning off at times? Seriously worthless company they destroyed lumia quality, gorilla glass feels like plastic only camera is good .q else sucks! Flop phone

Yes it does have Gorilla Glass 3, I have GG3 too, I don't know about plastic feel, but you won't get better than that.. Of course it's not a normal glass anyways.. I think it has a layer of something on it so it feels smoother and easier to slide.

It seems that your device possesses some problems, lagging like this isn't usual for WP..

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
It definitely should work. If it shuts off automatically while in use, or if the screen doesn't allow normal typing, then you've got a defective device. Return it.
On the other hand, it is almost the lowest end Lumia you can buy, so don't expect it to come with highest quality components. All affordable devices must make some sacrifices.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Plastic feel to the glass? Did you, by any chance, leave the thin plastic sheet on there that is just for shipping?

Random shutdowns MAY be related to the battery not contacting the pins correctly. Remove the back cover. Get some paper and make a small pad (about 3 thicknesses on the paper) and tape the pad inside the cover so it pushes down on the battery. Put the cover back on.

​Hope some of that helps. You may also want to look at your screen sensitivity settings...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Seriously worthless company they destroyed lumia quality, gorilla glass feels like plastic only camera is good everything else sucks! Flop phone

Manufacturing methods aren't perfect.
There were defective Lumia's for as long as they existed. Same with iPhones, same with Galaxies, etc.
Defective phones aren't suddenly popping up with Microsoft at the helm, you just happened to get a bad unit. Better luck next time.
Get it repaired or replaced under warranty. Contact Microsoft support, this should be a clear-cut replacement job.

Also, I recommend looking at the 635/630 if quality is more important than the display and RAM, because I suspect some build quality was cut to make room in the budget for better specs. Everything has a price. (Not that the phone is shoddily built AFAIK)

sunbee

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I had similar issues with L720 and it's a problem with the device. Get it replaced. Internal touch sensor is of fault and don't use different wall chargers. Use the one that came with box.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
You got a bad device, period. I own a 820, 925, 635 and a 520 and have never had a problem with any of them. Take it back and I am sure it will be replaced. If the next one is like that then you can reallly start to complain. Quality control is not perfect in anything you buy. Its the nature of the beast. I would love to know how many phones (from any OEM) that are bad. I bet the percentage is very small. Unfortunatly you got a bad one. Doesn't make them all bad or the OEM bad.

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
And you did return or replace that device, did you?
With so many troubles, I cannot find an excuse to not do so.

Then, how about the new one? Still have trouble?

RichardBurt

Banned
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Why go to the bother of returning the phone for a replacement when you can post a message on the forums so that everyone else can tell you the sensible thing to do?
:p

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Under setting go to ease of access and turn OFF the magnifier this will hopefully resolve your screen related issue(I mean screen not responding...). Let us know after trying this.Have you tried hard reset?? Good Luck.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
i had reviews from a few friends that 535 is an excellent piece. i am considering it as a gift to a relative in last week of December.
it looks like u have stumbled upon a defective piece. otherwise, people are telling me how good that phone is.

Mellifluous

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
It's a great specced phone but interestingly, Paul Thurrott at Winsupersite criticises the build quality. He says it doesn't feel great and it won't be replacing his 635 as a phone he uses regularly.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's a great specced phone but interestingly, Paul Thurrott at Winsupersite criticises the build quality. He says it doesn't feel great and it won't be replacing his 635 as a phone he uses regularly.

This, people are saying about how this wrecks the 635 and stuff, but there's a price to everything, even if its not apparent on paper.

Last edited:

anon8433722

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 635 and it does have a plastic feel to the screen. I bought a tempered glass protector and that "premium" feel to it is back again. Considering a decent screen protector can be picked up for under $10 shipped on Amazon, I thought this was a good compromise without spending a ton of money.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Bought one of the 39$ 635's (even though I don't need it) and I have to agree with everyone. It is one hell of a phone for the price. I think if Microsoft adds a flash, ups the ram to 1gb, call it a 640 and they would be able to compete with the Moto G (which i also own) a lot better. The screen is outstanding and almost as good as my daily 820. I am impressed.Have not seen a 535 or a 530 to compair.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Bought one of the 39$ 635's (even though I don't need it) and I have to agree with everyone. It is one hell of a phone for the price. I think if Microsoft adds a flash, ups the ram to 1gb, call it a 640 and they would be able to compete with the Moto G (which i also own) a lot better. The screen is outstanding and almost as good as my daily 820. I am impressed.Have not seen a 535 or a 530 to compair.

Actually just make the 535 with 4G/LTE, put a clearback display on it and call it a 640 and boom!

Smiggyy

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Defo a bum unit, this is an excellent phone all round for the money paid.
I think you'd be hard pressed to find something of a similar spec for the same money, SIM free.
At the end of the day people will still whinge their t1ts off about this phone because some people are just not happy unless they're being negative!
You can please some of the people, some of the time, but not all of the people, all of the time!
Door is now open, whingebags, roll up, roll up!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss