Lumia 535 screen unresponsive

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday I visit my retailers about 535.
I tried the test model. The screen isn't as responsive as my 625H. It has higher processor higher RAM similar screen size but lot unresponsive compared to my 625H.

Is that the test model deflect one or it's really like that.

I'm looking for a phone for my mom. Her old one is broken. Most of my family uses WP. Me 625 dad 630 my little brother is 610 I think get 535 for my mom or I should simply upgrade to 925 then giving my 625 to my mom rather buy 535.

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Did you try to disable the Screen Magnifier, it's located in Settings/Ease of Access. For some 535 users, that help to improve the screen responsiveness.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Nope. I haven't buy it. Will it improves screen response? If it is I'll reconsider it.

The thing is how come Lumia 625 with S4 processor and lower RAM perform better than snapdragon 200 with doubled RAM. Are their new screen are piece of crap or what

I really hope it was a software problem so they can fix it later

mathsisbest

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Nope. I haven't buy it. Will it improves screen response? If it is I'll reconsider it.

The thing is how come Lumia 625 with S4 processor and lower RAM perform better than snapdragon 200 with doubled RAM. Are their new screen are piece of crap or what

I really hope it was a software problem so they can fix it later

S4 processor is better than S200. RAM is only useful for playing 1gb RAM games, as 512mb is enough for wp8.1 right now.

mathsisbest

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
If that the case why they put snapdragon 200 in the 1st place

Microsoft has to budget somewhere: the processor, screen (ClearBlack display & unresponsive) and no 4g. Don't get me wrong, the Lumia 535 is a great budget device with 1gb ram, 5mp ffc and a 5 inch screen. But there are some limits.

CandrabeQx

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
after playing with my L535 with 2 different scenario, seems like I got the idea for why the screen is being unresponsive..

after I got my L535, I decided to give it a shot without restoring anything from my account. with this scenario, I got a laggy start screen which can be solved by deactivating the screen magnifier setting. after that I don't see any issues with the responsiveness of the phone, everything works like a charm.

then I reset my L535, and have it filled with backup from my other phone (L630). the problem occurs here. after the restoration completed, I noticed that I'm starting to have screen responsiveness issue, when I try to scroll my app list I got accidental tap on it, etc etc.

my conclusion is that the restored setting from the old phone overwrite the screen responsiveness setting which is (I believed) set differently on L535. and this making me believe that a software update is enough to fix the issue (without a big major OS update). hopefully Microsoft make it fast to solve this issue, cause I started to get annoyed because of the accidental tap, and I'm not planning to reset my phone to its original setting.

EDIT:
the screen issue disappeared after I updated my L535 to the latest firmware of Developer Preview (14219).

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
after playing with my L535 with 2 different scenario, seems like I got the idea for why the screen is being unresponsive..

after I got my L535, I decided to give it a shot without restoring anything from my account. with this scenario, I got a laggy start screen which can be solved by deactivating the screen magnifier setting. after that I don't see any issues with the responsiveness of the phone, everything works like a charm.

then I reset my L535, and have it filled with backup from my other phone (L630). the problem occurs here. after the restoration completed, I noticed that I'm starting to have screen responsiveness issue, when I try to scroll my app list I got accidental tap on it, etc etc.

my conclusion is that the restored setting from the old phone overwrite the screen responsiveness setting which is (I believed) set differently on L535. and this making me believe that a software update is enough to fix the issue (without a big major OS update). hopefully Microsoft make it fast to solve this issue, cause I started to get annoyed because of the accidental tap, and I'm not planning to reset my phone to its original setting.

EDIT:
the screen issue disappeared after I updated my L535 to the latest firmware of Developer Preview (14219).

Glad to hear that,, hoping the update will be released to end user soon to fix this touch unresponsiveness issue.,

Mohammed Gerashi

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
dude, dont do this mistake, never buy 925, after breaking my 820 i couldnt afford to buy a newer but 925, as i got it very cheap, but man, its total crap, battery is bigger than 820 but wont last even 24h even for some one like me who dont use any game, video,music, maximum of 10min call and 30 min of whatsapp, it gets warm without doing anything, i have searched in many forum and found its the nature of 925 and all complaining about it, if you cant get newer verision like 930 or even 1520 you better buy the old 920 as its still in front line,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes