Lumia 535 latest update bugs + reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avinash V Raj1

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
I bought a new Lumia 535 2 days back and did an update. The changelog for the update:

• Touch screen performance improvements.
  • Cortana, the most personal digital assistant, is now available in more markets.
  • You can easily switch your mobile data connection on or off in the action centre.
  • Install phone updates more easily by scheduling them for a time that works best for you.
  • Stability and performance improvements.

The changelog hints strongly that this update will fix some touchscreen sensitivity issues that have been previously reported by owners of the device, along with some other improvements and additions.

After update I found that the touch screen performance has been improved. But I felt a jerky feeling when the menu is dragged slowly. For users who find this problem simplay goto ease of access and turn off screen magnifier. After that touch is far smoother.

Mobile data connection in action center was a huge relief and works fine.

Havent tested the update shedule option yet.

Performance is improved as promised. Before buying I checked the phone at a retailer shop. The phone didnot contain the update and it's performance was very bad. Actually it made me think twice if to buy 535 or not, but I heard about the update and went for it.

The problem with the update now is Cortana. Cortana was released as an alpha release in India. After some researching found that I have to change the Speech language to English UK. But I am unable to download the language pack. It shows "Couldnt download. Tap to retry" every time. Actually no speech languages are downloading.

If anyone found a fix for this please give some info on how to do it. I tried updating the phone several times, but it shows phone is upto date. Tried installing high speed wifi as well as 3G internet.

Jacksept

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
The touch issue on the Lumia 535 remains even after updated, reset and there is no way out because Microsoft sold a lemon set to all the buyers of Lumia 535.

Tapan Tripathi

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
For me the touch issue is almost taken care of...though I also cannot download speech pack...anyone else has tried downloading the speech or any workarounds will be greatly appreciated...

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site

Performance is improved as promised. Before buying I checked the...

Has it really improved?
I own 520,625,820 and 535 looked really bad while scrolling.

I wanted to buy for my gf but was reluctant after reading the horror stories about ghost touch etc.

You got the update via DP or without it?

Avinash V Raj1

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Has it really improved?
I own 520,625,820 and 535 looked really bad while scrolling.

I wanted to buy for my gf but was reluctant after reading the horror stories about ghost touch etc.

You got the update via DP or without it?

Yes performance has improved. I checked lumia 535 in 5 different stores and by far the best performance came from my phone after the update. I got the update without DP. Only problem I am facing now is I am uable to use cortana because I am unable to download speech language. I asked several other lumia users to check my phone and their feedback was touch is almost upto lumia standards when screen magnifier is turned off.

Tapan Tripathi

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I did try hard reset with language as English (United Kingdom)...still didn't work...probably only thing which I didn't do is select region also as UK

Mc Kode

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
i have had the same problem after updating the phone and i have tried factory resets , soft resets by pressing the volume down key and power button for 15 secs , hard resets by pressing a number of keys and changing the region and language while booting still getting the same error .
i chatted with a microsoft Tech support agent for an hour at the end he told me that i will have to go to the service center to get the firmware restored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss