Lumia 535 User Reviews

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Just bought the Lumia 535
Touch Screen experience was really POOR when it got updated touch screens gets reliable then before but still there are still problems.
1. When i click the area below to three dots no button there , the search button for cortana gets pressed simply with windows button and back button
2. When using swype keyboard the buttons auto press again and again also i dont leave me finger but it leaves my finger and stop the word to generate more from characters.

Is this hardware or software issue ?

Oseans Aditya

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I bought L 535 yesterday, I feels so bad about unresponsive touch screen, it's make me hard to typing.. Overall L535 was good enough, no lag, and work well for multi tasking. I hope MS fix the unresponsive issue in the next update. Windows 10 for phone.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Well...so far not so proud :straight:

I was all about this phone when first hearing about it.
5 inch screen on a low end Lumia "yeah baby!"
I bought a grey single SIM 535 from Newegg.com

Pretty glitchy phone...the touch panel is stubborn at times.
At first I thought it was me having very dry fingertips...not so :(
I tried cleaning the screen with invisible glass cleaner which helped for a while.
Had touchscreen sensitivity problems on my Xperia Z1 and putting a tempered glass protector on it seemed to alleviate touch and drag lag.
I was wondering if that would help this thing.

So far:
Touch and scroll is stuttering
Netflix is a nogo under Denim.
Seeing a lot of loading\resuming
Having to tap the screen numerous times is no fun
Hitting the keys in the right place for the desired result takes talent

The size and feel of the 535 are perfect for me.
Initial setup went smooth
No problems with a T-Mobile SIM and Samsung 32GB Evo uSD.
I have to say the camera LED flash is very bright.

I forgot to accomplish a phone reset after the first set-up.
Already got the .341 preview firmware on this phone hoping that would change things.
No luck however.

Guess I'll give the 'ole phone reset a go.
I'd like to keep this phone...not sure I can live with the bugs.
I'll sit with it for a day or two before deciding whether to send it back.

Update edit:
I quit using this phone after buying a ZenFone2 and the Lumia 640.
Since it was sitting unused I decided to give it away to a friend who has lower expectations.
He loves it after using a 635...

I'm glad someone is happy using it after my disappointment.

Last edited:

Swiss7599

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
My biggest issue with this phone is the screen quality and resolution. I know im not supposed to expect super high def display from a lower mid range phone but at this time you should expect at least something decent. The ppi is horrible, individual pixels glare at you and colors look extremely dull. I understand a lot had to be compromised to make the phone as affordable as possible but they should have at least kept the clear black display to increase the contrast levels which worked well on phones like the 625.

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Pros - Sound Quality, Size, Win 8.1 Denim OS
Cons - The Touch issue, I should call this a semi-con though, Screen resolution.

Sound quality for music is great for me here so am just going to talk about it here. I am using an JBL e40BT headphone and music sounds better here than on my former phone and media player (iPhone 4S, iPod 3G). External speakers not so great though, my wife's Xperia C3 has better quality.

SasinAndrey

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
I crash screen on my first lumia 535 when I try to open back panel at first day. But after that I buy new lumia 535. I use it few weeks and I can tell that it's really good phone (for this money of course).

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Best budget phone I've bought ❤
although it has some slight touch issues it didn't bother me anyway 😊
and yeah the front camera is very good and produces high quality images.. great for selfie lovers like me 📷

NicoleDot

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
May I present my review:
I have the L535 for several months now. It is a dual SIM - although I use only one SIM, it was the only option I got when buying. I mainly use my phone for calls, SMS, internet browsing, games and social networks
PROS
- Big screen with frontal camera and proximity sensors
- Sound quality is excellent
- Frontal camera of 5MPX
- Flash on back camera
- Overall a very fast moving phone, with no lag
- Battery lasting 2days+ on average
- The keyboard is big enough to text easily, yet small enough to not cover the screen
- Design is customizable
- Despite popular belief of no apps available, there is an extensive collection of apps, both paid and free and, for me, I haven't found any app or game I used to use on my past Android or my current tablet that is not on my L535.
- Sound equalizer
- Integration with PC and other devices (like screen projecting)
CONS
- Not so many official apps ? although the non-official apps are having more features than the official ones - if you feel the need to use the branded app
- If playing for a long period of time (longer than 2-3 hours) the phone gets heated, you can feel it when holding the phone, but it?s not too hot or disturbing
- The infamous touch issues ? this actually affects a certain hardware version that I also used to have ? however I sent it to the warranty, got it back quickly and now works with no issues. May I add, after reading a lot about the phone and the touch issue, it seems that it?s indeed a hardware problem and it?s usually solved with a screen replacing, although some people say that a software update, disabling the vibrating on navigation keys or using a screen protector did the trick as well ? to me, replacing the screen did it after I tried all the before with no luck.
CONCLUSION
- For me, the phone is actually the best suited one for me, having used in the past a number of Android devices, L630, good old Nokia 1100, HTC Diamond and others.
- On a regular day I use it as follows: calls for about 15 minutes, about 50 texts, browsing about 30 minutes, use social apps (Viber, Whatsapp, Skype, Facebook, Instagram) for about 30 minutes, play games for about 45 minutes and listening to music for about 1.5 hours, taking pictures or using the camera for less than 1 picture a day. I usually charge my phone every 2 days, although I believe this depends on how much the phone is used.
- With the touch issues, it can easily become the worst phone ever so, my suggestion is that you try to get it sorted ASAP in order to have the best experience of the phone.
- With a good camera, good sound, good collection of apps, fast interface and quite a good battery, L535 provides (at least to me) a real good experience

babazookz

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
I bought my 535 Lumia two months ago and I really love it. No problems at all. Maybe a small problem, vibration is not that hard. I really want it to shake it a lot :)

yc167

May 24, 2015
Visit site
I bought a lumia 535 back in april and this is my review:
Yay: 1.Big 5 inch screen
2. Windows Phone 8.1 is smooth and slick
3. 5 mp front camera
4. Great audio quality
5.The LED flash is great
6. And, of course, its damn cheap
Nay: 1. Touch issue while charging
2. Missing of apps compare to android and ios
3. GPS seems to have trouble, at least for my device. Took a long time to locate me using HERE map offline
4. No HD display
5. The image quality is ok, but not good enough ( the image took,in my opinion, looks a bit wash-out)
6.Snapdragon 200 is definitely not on par now, frame rate drop or lag are normal in highend games such as Asphalt 8, Brother in Arms 3
In conclusion, this is actually my second device (the first being a cheap samsung galaxy y) and im actually impressed, given its price,
although im sure that it can definitely do better. Im going to hold on this phone for at least a couple year until i have the budget to switch (im just a poor college kid):wink:

IgorVysoky

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I have had 535 for a week and I stumbled upon this forum, so here goes.

I have been user of Windows Phone for 2 years on Lumia 520. I got some issues and changed it to Lumia 535. I have been thinking of buying 640 mostly because I was scared of touch issues on 535. Also HD screen, 8mpx main camera, Glance and better processor were all for 640. However I got 535 during warranty so all decision making process has been pushed into the future when I might have more spare money.

Touch issues on 535 have not been noticed to this point (except when charging on my Asus T100TA charger) since HW number is 3.0.0.0. I expected better display unit, but since I was using 520 for 2 years, it is no worse than it. Actually it is better. Bigger, brighter, colourful, more readable. Resolution might have been bigger, but also. It is just enough for what you buy for about 100? now. (central Europe) What I have noticed is screeching sounds right from the camera in the back. Nothing terrible, but noticable. I didn't have much time to play with cameras but on paper they both look good. 5mpx main camera should be very similar to that on 520 and for the price I was pretty satisfied. For Instagram/facebook photos as well as for just "capturing the moment" it does the job. You can't expect to make professional images with it.

WP_20151124_10_18_21_Pro.jpg

Right after coming home from Nokia Care I installed the newest build of Windows 10 (at that time 581). I had no idea how was the battery life nor app launching/switching time or anything. Maybe I should have played with it for some time, but it's gone now. What I have noticed was bad battery life. Not sure it's because of the W10 not having firmware or it is just battery, but it isn't anything supercool. Rather it is disappointing. Launching and switching between apps is most of the time smooth, 1gb of ram does its job. Processor seem to work everything around and I don't have that much loadings and launchings, etc as on 520.

What I have to point out is that navigation bar is not working as expected. Most apps and games, all WP8(.1), does not work with hiding it. In apps it is something you can forgive but in games there still is black (or colourful depends on your setting) and whole touch is slightly shifted because of it. I heard that it needs be updated by developers. Also WP8(.1) apps are not scalling well for big screens so fonts are big, and everything is big and you just don't see enough of stuff. It is just W10 issue and not of the phone and it might be fixed in the future, but be careful. (If requested I can share comparison with smaller scaled text vs normal as well as scaled W10 apps vs old WP8(.1) apps.

Edited_Image6de65d7c-5b93-4c9d-af6e-00967bd64f7d_TapatalkEditedImage.jpg

Win dows 10 allows users to scale text and gener UI, which leads to 4 columns. I was using 3 columns on 4inch screen so why not trying 4 columns on 5inch. I tried and I loved it. I tried to change it a few times but the amount of information you can grasp on a single glance is amazing. My friends have found it nicer and better this way than any other setup on 520.

wp_ss_20151124_0001.png

Call quality is slightly better than on 520. Everything is clear even if my calling partner has old phone with terrible sound and microphone. Main speaker is loud enough and I didn't have any issue not hearing the sounds. Quality of sound while having earphones would differ to the quality with each ones, but on my basic Philips ones with microphone I have been using on 520 whole time, the sound is slightly better. Everything is clear and can be enhanced with equalizer. Microphone work well as well.

Generally speaking you get what you pay for. If you expect the most coolest phone ever you might be disappointed. If you expect terrible cheap phone you might be surprised.

Pros:
price
"big" screen
app switching and launching is mostly smooth
5 mpx front camera
Windows 10 features

Cons:
display (for some) (colours, resolution,
cameras (for some)
touch issues (for some) i didnt have any serious ones
build quality
battery life

RonWesley

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
I bought lumia 535 three month ago. I don't like its camera. Its not clear. It has good features. it don support some apps.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Camera has no zoom .I did not expect it not to have this feature as zoom is available on phones with a lower price tag.I had to install a third party camera app to use when I needed zooming.
Otherwise I am happy with the phone.

RonWesley

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 535 has smooth touch. Modal is good looking. But don't support some app. Camera clarity is not good. Other features are good. Although I am not satisfied its Ram processor.

yc167

May 24, 2015
Visit site
agree with u here. the only problem with my 535 on w10m is the nav bar issue when playing games. it seems like older 8.1 games have this issue but new uwp games works fine. i think it needs a firmware patch, but i dont think microsoft care anymore

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb